da vinci or torani

poet_kelly
on 3/28/11 2:23 am - OH
Which brand do you prefer?  I've had da vinci caramel because that's what my grocery store carries but they only have a couple flavors and I wanna order some more.  I looked a netrition.com and it looks like da vinci has more flavors but torani has many that sound good.  I think the price is the same so that's not a factor.  But which brand do you think tastes best?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MultiMom
on 3/28/11 2:26 am - NH
I actually only get the caramel flavor. I like the DaVinci better, but buy the Torani because I can get it cheap and free shipping on Amazon.

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

iisme
on 3/28/11 2:49 am
I have no favorite however I do have Torani in my cupboard. I was looking at Amazon.com and noticed they have some real unique flavors I would want to try but sometimes, I just like buying from the store. The store I go to just has a couple of flavors. Are there any which have a wide variety?

10 pounds loss pre-op
JennaKopanyi
on 3/28/11 2:50 am, edited 3/28/11 2:58 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
I got mine (DaVinci)from supplementwarehouse $4.95 a bottle, but shipping tends to be pricey. They come in glass bottles but their packaging is wonderful. Even with the shipping, if you divide and add to each bottle it's cheaper than the 8 bucks most places charge

I just ordered German Chocolate Cake, Peanut Butter, Lime, and Creme de Menthe :D

Haven't tried Torani

I did order Capella Flavor Drops, Amaretto, from netrition though, since SW was out of amaretto da vinci. Apparently these are just flavor no sweetner, you add 1 drop per 2 oz of fluid (like liquid stevia) and they were only 4.95 per bottle, will have to let you know how they turn out

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

Johanna !
on 3/28/11 2:56 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
I prefer daVinci - You can sometimes find them for aboput 6 bucks (big bottle - 24 oz/750 ml) at homegoods in TJ Maxx or some sections of Marshalls
Johanna - like Joe-on-uh, or that movie, Juwanna Man!  

Ladytazz
on 3/28/11 3:19 am
I buy them from Cash & Carry nearby. They are both about $4 a bottle, give or take. To tell you the truth I haven't seen a big difference. I just choice the flavors that look good. I have tried at least 20 or more flavors and out of those I have about 5 or so I get regularly and many that I don't use much at all. I really haven't seen a preference. Sometimes they have store specials and one is cheaper then the other and that is the one I buy.
I guess if I had to choose I live DiVinci a little better just because of the choices but really it's a toss up.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

turningpoint
on 3/28/11 3:49 am
I haven't had them often enough to differentiate between the brands...I buy what ever they sell when I am ordering something else.

I have never found them in any local stores.  What stores do you find them in?  I looked online and it listed HEB, but 3 stores...nothing.

I live in Houston, so if anyone knows where to buy local, please let me know as I hate online shopping. (oh wait, it is shopping I hate online or brick n mortar)

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
poet_kelly
on 3/28/11 3:53 am - OH
I've found them in Meijer and Kroger, in the coffee aisle, but only a couple flavors.  I think most grocery stores have them.  Probably Walmart too.  But netrition.com has a million flavors and I believe their shipping is a flat rate, so that's a good deal.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

__Laura__
on 3/28/11 6:13 am
What do y'all use these for?
Goodbye 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's... Hello 190's!  

poet_kelly
on 3/28/11 6:15 am - OH
To flavor protein shakes, or Greek yogurt, or make protein ice cream.  I've been into lattes lately so I want to be able to make different flavors.

Most Active
Recent Topics