Random Stress X Post

Ladytazz
on 4/1/11 11:59 am
I got my date for my hernia surgery.  It is April 15th, 2 weeks from today.  It is only an overnight stay so I am sure it will be fine.  I swore after my last surgery that I would never have surgery again.  I had such a hard time when I first woke up.  I won't go into details but I was afraid after that surgery that I wouldn't get better.  It was my fault because I smoked at the time and they were having a hard time getting my oxygen levels to stay up.
I am still worried but since I don't smoke anymore I am hoping I won't have such a bad time.
Also, I heard from my sister tonight.  My mother isn't doing good and she said that she probably wouldn't last much longer.  My mother has been suffering from dementia for a while and in a way I have been grieving because she hasn't been herself for a long time.  I feel like I lost my mother a long time ago.  I am trying to decide if I want to go to California to say my good byes.  I went through this 4 years ago when my father was dying and by the time I got there he didn't know who I was and it was very painful to see him that way.  The last time I saw my mother she was still doing pretty good and I don't know if I want to see her now and remember her this way, yet I want to say good bye.
My sister is going to see her soon and she will hopefully be able to tell me more about her condition and I will decide then.
Physically I am doing better all the time.  I hope I don't have a set back after the surgery.  I know that I tend to get depressed after surgery.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

samsander
on 4/1/11 2:51 pm - CA
Wow Tazz... You have a lot on your plate!

I don't have any advise because this is so personal... I would proably go to see my mother if I were in that situation. .. But that's easy to say since I am not.

I'll be thinking about you.

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

Ladytazz
on 4/1/11 3:00 pm
I probably will. I know it was hard when my dad died but at least I did get to say good bye. I would have regretted it if I didn't see him before he died. It was just so hard because he wasn't himself and I didn't want to remember him that way but it was the right thing to do.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Lady Lithia
on 4/1/11 3:00 pm

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Amy R.
on 4/2/11 1:18 am
(((((Tazz))))

Hang in. You are dealing with a whole lot right now and none of it sounds like fun. Is there anything you can do for yourself to give yourself a little boost? (nails? massage? idk, even taking a walk on a spring day or planting some flowers?).

Lame advise, I know, but it's coming from the right place. If it's okay, I'll be praying for you, and I hope you keep us posted as things progress with your surgery and your mom.

more ((((tazz))))
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 264 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 277 views