7 weeks post op... is this normal?!

Lindsey N.
on 4/3/11 10:21 am - berkeley, CA
Hey guys,
So I am 7 weeks post op and I have been having sooo much trouble keeping food down. I pretty much just stick to drinking liquids because everything makes me throw up with the exception of things like SF frozen yogurt, smoothies and basically the things in the full liquid stage. I am so frustrated and have actually started to really dislike food as a whole. I tried to eat some beans last night and have felt sick ever since.
I called my doctor a few weeks ago and they just said to stay on liquids a few days longer. Well now im 3 weeks from the call and still cant keep things down. They told me also that they couldnt do anything for me until 8 weeks post op. Im thinking this sounds alot like a stricture but before I drive myself insane I would like to know if any of you have had this issue as well and if you did, what helped you???
Thanks! 
Lindz

youthmom
on 4/3/11 10:27 am
 First of all Bless your heart,I know where you are coming from and it aint no fun- I have been where you are, I had a pyloric stricture and they dilated it  2 weeks ago,things have been a lot better since then but, I am, starting to have some more trouble now and may have to have it again because my doctor said sometimes it takes more than one time.  Liquids sure don't give you any energy, just keep calling your doctor til they do something for you
Lindsey N.
on 4/3/11 10:33 am - berkeley, CA
Thank you so much. Im going to keep calling and hopefully they can check it out for me

Alice P.
on 4/3/11 10:28 am
You should be able to keep stuff down, you need to be checked for a stricture or ulcer.
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Deborah Prince
on 4/3/11 12:12 pm - MA
I was just diagnosed with 2 ulcers and was and still am having the same problems you are.   They can do a endoscopy to check things out.  My surgeon was good about it though as soon as i went to solid foods i started to have problems keeping them down and then i got dehydrated. He did a swollow study right away and found the ulcers.  I have to take meds every day for the next month and repeat the endoscopy.   I keep drinking the protein shakes to keep up on my protein but i still have a hard time getting in liquids :-(  Hope this helps.

Deborah Prince
on 4/3/11 12:13 pm - MA
lol I just noticed we had our surgeries 3 days apart

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 278 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 210 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 301 views