Poll: Coffee Creamer

heygiz00
on 4/4/11 5:04 am
Ok guys & gals....I have to have my Hazelnut creamer...which is best for us nutritionally?

Sugar free?

Regular?

Fat free??

What do you all use?  I cant do milk because my gas will clear the room (lactose intolerance)...options??  Opinions?

Live Laugh & Love...Life is too short to settle for less...    
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/4/11 5:10 am
neither. That are really chemicals.
I use Almond milk, unsweet. I add some stevia to taste.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

tcunningham
on 4/4/11 5:13 am - Bay Minette, AL
I'm going to be honest I use both regular and sugar free just depends on what's in stock(flavors) and the amount of sugar in a serving(regular).  I think it is all fat free???

Timeka
Frances S.
on 4/4/11 5:41 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 No, it is not all fat free.  The regular has 1.5 grams of fat per tablespoon, and 5 grams of sugar.  Most likely you're using more than a tablespoon.

If you want to avoid sugar, go for sugar-free, but it will still have the fat.. and that may be ok for you.

The thing that should be avoided here is the fact that these creamers are made with partially hydrogenated oils:

Nutrition Info

Now, if you choose fat-free, they must be basically watering down the partially hydrogenated oils since its still in the ingredients, but there's asterisks that say "adds a trivial amount of fat"

Nutrition Info

I also find it interesting how the sugar free has "corn syrup solids" in it.

Nutrition Info

As I have progressed further from surgery I've figured out I don't like these in my coffee anymore and just drink half & half with no sweeteners.  Or else I drink Click with some sugar free syrups added.  This for me is the best way to get a great tasting mocha or latte type drink without drinking the non-dairy creamers.

Bootssie
on 4/4/11 5:20 am - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
Use a good vanilla protein powder and some SF Hazelnut syrup. Yummy.

Tessie W.
on 4/4/11 5:35 am
light vanilla soy milk...yum yum
or light regular soy and a squirt of a SF torani syrup

rlw99
on 4/4/11 5:48 am - Oakland, CA
I have a hard time w/ regular milk and/or creamer, soy milk makes me sick and I have found that the sugar free/fat free creamer is too sweet for me. I use plain almond milk and will add Stevia to sweeten it if needed. On occasion I also mix protein shake w/ the coffee.

jillbhappy
on 4/4/11 6:25 am - Oceanside, CA
I use creamer it is my crack... I have gotten away from almost all processed or "BAD" foods but this is one I cant seem to give up. I have tried all the suggestions but keep coming back to that sweet creamy cup of chemicals. I use the sugarfree the others make me dump.
Jill
Surgery date 2/8/10
Start weight 264

Nothing Great Was Ever Achieved Without Enthusiasm!     
janet2921
on 4/4/11 11:20 am - Chicago, IL
On April 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM Pacific Time, jillbhappy wrote:
I use creamer it is my crack... I have gotten away from almost all processed or "BAD" foods but this is one I cant seem to give up. I have tried all the suggestions but keep coming back to that sweet creamy cup of chemicals. I use the sugarfree the others make me dump.
Same here.  I have cut back on everything.  Got to have some pleasure in life.  Coffee, Sweet-N-Low with plain ol' creamer...YEAH!!!!   Even Half n Half!!!!  YEAH YEAH!!!

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

glassgirl
on 4/4/11 6:36 am
I'm just like you.  I practically mainlined SF French Vanilla creamer.  Now I make a protein powder creamer in the morning and use it all day.  I use water, Nectar Vanilla bean powder, SF Fr Vanilla Creamer and vanilla extract.  I get protein and my creamer fix every day.
Most Active
Recent Topics