ECT went well today

poet_kelly
on 4/6/11 7:34 am - OH
I am feeling a bit tired and my neck is a little stiff.  I had a bit of a headache when I first woke up but some tylenol took care of it.  I was kind of disorganized when I first woke up.  Like, they asked me where I was and I knew that but then they asked me what the date was and I had to think really hard just to remember the month.  But I am feelng less disoriented by now.

I have gluey stuff in my hair from the electrodes so I gott go wash my hair in a bit.  But they put me out before doing anything other than starting the IV.  I don't remember them sticking the electrodes on or anything.

So all and all, it went OK.

Kelly

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady Lithia
on 4/6/11 7:36 am

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

siberiancat
on 4/6/11 7:41 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
So glad to hear that.  Blessings and praying ECT is the answer for you.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

CarolineM
on 4/6/11 8:06 am
That's good to hear. I hope all the sessions go well.

Caroline
  HW 400   SW 355    CW 178   GW 180           5'10"

fatfreemama
on 4/6/11 8:14 am - San Jose, CA
{{{HUGS!!!}}}
So glad it went well. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 4/6/11 9:18 am
I know the feeling with the glue in the hair.  It is probably similar to what they use for sleep study electrodes.  It comes out when you wash your hair. 

Glad it went well. I hope this helps with your issues.

Winnie

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/6/11 10:03 am - OH
Very glad to hear it.  Keep us posted on how you feel as the week progresses...  hoping for VERY good things!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Amy R.
on 4/6/11 10:46 am
Glad you're got that first one out of the way and it went well for you - at least now you know what to expect.

Hopefully, it will all work like a charm and you'll start to see positive results asap.
seattledeb
on 4/6/11 1:43 pm
I was thinking about you today and hoping it went well.
I used to assist with ECT in my first nurse job. There was a little fuzzyness right after.
Take care,
Deb

poet_kelly
on 4/6/11 2:27 pm - OH
The fuzziness was not too bad and seems gone by now.  I am a bit concerned it'll get worse as I have more treatments but I think I am pretty prepared to deal with it.  Next ECT  is Friday.

The worst part, really, is that the hospital that does it is an hour and 40 minutes away.  That makes a long drive three days a week.  Although I dozed most of the way home.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics