ugh where does it fit??

lee12197
on 4/11/11 5:58 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
Hey everyone...so i found out this morning that all my issues i was having last week is due to me having c. diff...They gave me meds for it but i cant take my multi or calcium 6 hours before or 2 hrs after....Maybe im just thinking about it to hard but i seriously cant figure out the best way to do this...any suggestions?

MastoDon
on 4/11/11 6:02 am - Los Gatos, CA
Uh,... what is c. diff?

Learning to swim was easy.  The hard part was getting out of that burlap sack.  Those rocks were heavy.
High: 310    Surgery day: 282     Goal: 190     Current: 178

lee12197
on 4/11/11 6:09 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
Its a bacterial infection you can get after taking high doses of antibiotics b.c they kill off all the good bacteria and allow the c. diff bacteria to take over. It can make you nausous and give you diahrea...which can lead to dehydration which was my big issue! In my case they think it was caused by the fact that i was antibiotics for ten days before my surgery the dose they gave me in the OR and then again for fourteen days after surgery for my stupid tooth again...

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/11/11 6:07 am - NC
C diff is a nasty intestinal infection that is highly contagious. It will wipe you out because it gives you the runs. A very nasty bug, I have to say.

heygiz00
on 4/11/11 7:22 am
Lee-Eat yogurt, it will help get some of the good bacteria back into your system!

Live Laugh & Love...Life is too short to settle for less...    
Jane N.
on 4/11/11 7:30 am - Round Rock, TX
Sorry to hear you're sick but glad they've figured it out and can treat it.  How often do you have to take the medication that you'll have to work around your daily meds?

lee12197
on 4/11/11 9:00 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
I have to take it twice a day....im seriously confused about when to take it...i thought i would do ten and ten but i cant take my vit 6 hours before....i asked the pharm. and they just looked at me like i was crazy

Jane N.
on 4/11/11 9:04 am - Round Rock, TX
Ok this might work (or some variation of this).  Not perfect but you could tweek it to allow closer to 12 hours between doses depending on our schedule.

7 C-diff med
9 multi-calcium
11 iron
1 calcium
5 C-diff med
7 multi-calcium

lee12197
on 4/11/11 1:09 pm
RNY on 02/28/11 with
I can take my multi and calcium at the same time? I thought i had to do them so far apart b.c of the iron in the multi? if i can take the multi and the calcium together than i shouldnt have an issue...

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 92 views
What's on your Monday Menu?