Pls help me with the mushies!

PRIMO
on 4/12/11 8:19 am
Hello everyone I'm cleared today to start the mushy or purée stage. Could you guys pls help me out with some food ideas. Not necessarily recipes but just basically what type of foods. But feel free to leave recipes aswell, thanks.

"DaConnoissuer"

robynlynnm
on 4/12/11 8:27 am - Westminster, MD
Try cauliflower mash.  Just steam cauliflower very soft and mash with a masher and add some salt and a very little margarine.  Tastes like mashed potato.  I plan to have refried beans with melted cheese, tuna w/ mayo and egg salad.  I don't go to that stage until next Monday 4/18.  Good luck :-)
nomoresugar
on 4/12/11 8:33 am
Mashed potatoes, refried beans with cheese, were my favorites.  I had a lot of trouble with much of anthing else in the beginning.
redheadjean
on 4/12/11 8:43 am - Canton, MI
Tuna or chicken from the can with light miracle whip.  You can melt lowfat cheese on top if you need extra protein.  Meat made in the crock pot - you might have to  puree it.  Any lowfat cheese.  Yogurt, cottage cheese.
Jean  
SugarGrl
on 4/12/11 9:02 am
I wish I could help Primo.  I'm in the same boat. I started mushies on Monday.  I tried refried beans from Taco Bueno and thought I was gonna die.  I am able to keep down some cream soups with very finely ground and cooked beef mixed in.  Also I mixed about 2 Tablespoons of low sugar spaghetti sauce with some ground beef, with about a tablespoon of ricotta and some low fat mozzarella.  I cooked that up in the oven until it was bubbly.  I had that for dinner 2 days in a row.  I hope to try the tuna and chicken next.  Frankly with the devil bean episode, I've been scared to venture out!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Lileee
on 4/12/11 9:16 am
you know what?  really... you can Puree ANYTHING in a Good Blender & use some Chicken or Beef Stock to make it a Lil Smoother...  try out some things you Really Like... i used to puree some Soups...  some Refried Beans mixed with some Chili Beans... YUMM!!!  and melt some cheese in it... Mmmmm!!!  you wont have a problem with this stage & before you know it you will be eating Soft Foods!  thats when the Fun Starts!  LOL!!!

Start Weight 275 - im 52yrs Old - 5'7"

had my RNY January 10th 2011

275/230!!!/150

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 9:18 am
Yes I agree with SugarGrl, I had Taco bell Pintos & cheese, and holy hell WORST nightmare! Some people are ok with them though. Try tuna, can chicken or even boil your own chicken! I cant really say much since my issues, but just be careful!
Goodluck
Ana
cupcake81
on 4/12/11 10:03 am - CA
Tuna salad egg salad bean soup I made some red beans in the crockpot and blended them they were great! I made salmon in the broiler and put it in the processor JAMMIN! Only try one item a day though just to see how your tummy takes it!
Joanne M.
on 4/12/11 10:46 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
Hormel has a Turkey Chili that is 98% Fat Free.  I have 2 tbsp with some reduced cheese on top.  Don't forget to puree the chili before you eat it.

elixir
on 4/12/11 1:49 pm - MI
I read this earlier while eating homemade chili and thought the chili would still be great pureed. If you rinse the chili beans off you can get rid of a lot of the sodium and add your own spices to avoid the sodium in the packets at the grocery store. My daughter is a pescitarian (vegetarian who eats fish) so we put soy hamburger-like crumbles in it (you'll never be able to tell that it's not meat!) Add a sprinkle of light cheese and a small dollop of Greek yogurt. Yum!

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 353 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 254 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 279 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 115 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?