sharp pain

Olivia429
on 4/16/11 8:04 pm
Hey everyone ;) I havent been on here in a while, but I didnt know who else to ask... Its so random. Today I was laying on the couch, and when I sat up I got this like stabbing pain in my upper abdomin right under my rib cage. Its like a rolling pain. I thought maybe it was gas, but the longer it lasts the less I think it is. I have never had stabbing gas pains before anyway. Its mostly on my left side, but if I touch anywhere in my upper ab it is very tender... What do you guys think it is. Ive been feeling this on and off every 5-10 mins since about 10pm. I hope someone knows what I am talking about. Thank you! xo

Starting Weight:368 Pre Op Weight:339 Current Weight:175

"Sometimes it seems we're all trapped in some sort of prison and the crime is how much we hate ourselves. But when you really look closely, people are so strange and complicated that they are beautiful . . ."

"It is difficult to experience moments of happiness if we are not aware of what it is we genuinely love."

"I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities"

patti72
on 4/16/11 9:13 pm - MA
 Hello, I would like a answer to that too. I have the same problem but its a dull constant pain and when I eat it gets worse, I have barley ate for 3 days now...
Patti
Open RNY 10/06/03
Lost 134pds
Ancor Cut TT 07/18/07

Carla M.
on 4/16/11 11:11 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I looked at all the causes for left upper quadrant pain online. Most common cause, gas or extended colon (which is caused by gas). There was also Celiac disease, lactose intolrance, glucose intolerance, etc, which are all mainly causes of gas. What do you eat when the pain flares up? Do you ever go for a walk or take a gas pill to see if that helps?

My true suggestion is to call your doctor and ask what they think.

Hope you feel better!!!
Olivia429
on 4/17/11 6:56 am
Thank you so much! I gonna go to the Dr. to see what this is all about. Until then I am gonna try some kind of gas pill. Its just really painful so it made me a bit nervous.

"Sometimes it seems we're all trapped in some sort of prison and the crime is how much we hate ourselves. But when you really look closely, people are so strange and complicated that they are beautiful . . ."

"It is difficult to experience moments of happiness if we are not aware of what it is we genuinely love."

"I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities"

lptazbear66
on 4/16/11 11:17 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
I have had this a few times and it was gas for me.  It was so excruciating that it felt like a heart attack or something.  Ask your Dr but I will be curious if he says gas

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Olivia429
on 4/17/11 6:57 am
Its totally painful. I have never had it before. I cant even lay on my stomach. I didnt know gas could hurt so bad.

Most Active
Recent Topics