Cheese that tastes like the Mini-Babybel Light?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/10/11 4:44 am - OH
Does anyone have a cheese they like that tastes like the Babybel or Babybel Light?  I *love the Light ones as part of one of  my protein snacks, but they are now over $4 for 6 of them... which is just too expensive.  I cannot think of any other cheeses that have a mild flavor and soft texture like that....  although I'm sure there MUST be...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

samsander
on 5/10/11 4:49 am - CA
What about Havarti?

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

on 5/10/11 4:50 am - OR
I think it tastes like mozarella that isn't fridge cold.. gets a little softer as it warms up to room temp, and I agree.. WAY too expensive!
celticnurse
on 5/10/11 5:13 am - Abingdon, MD
if you have a membership to BJ's or Costco Wholesale clubs, they might be cheaper there. i wish i had a better answer for you :/
cajungirl
on 5/10/11 6:02 am
They are my favorites too and I refuse to pay that much.  Our Sam's Club has them cheaper buying in bulk but still on the expensive side.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

grmadeb01
on 5/10/11 6:10 am - FL
i have been using the land o lakes mild cheddar cheese, they come in small packages single serve....they come in colby /jack also, those the ones my hubby likes....
i have been eating the chucky cheese string cheese, those are the only ones i like of the string cheese so far...i have not had the babyels so i dont know their flavor..but i have seen them at my local sams stores so maybe the are cheaper there.
have a great day
debby
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 6:12 am - NY
what about laughing cow cheese?
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 8:21 am - San Diego, CA
I second the suggestion of Havarti!  It's creamy and lower in fat like Babybel and has a light, yet rich flavor.  Mmmmm...cheeeeeese. :)
shoven21187
on 5/10/11 10:39 am - Saint Paul, MN
 If you or someone you know has a Sams Club membership they are only around $6 for 20!! Also, at Target they are only $3 I think for the 6 pack, but I get them at Sam's. I LOVE em!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/10/11 12:11 pm, edited 5/10/11 9:56 pm - OH
Great!!! I don't have a membership, but a couple of people at work do... so I may ask for a favor and have them get me a BUNCH! I love them, too... so easy to take along, to keep in the fridge at work, and to grab if my blood sugar feels like it's dropping!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 135 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views