Protein bars....

gonna_be_fat_free
on 4/18/11 9:30 am - CA
Can anyone recommend a good protein bar with very low carbs and high protein? I would like to have them in my car or in my purse for those unexpected "away from my planned meal" times. Thanks!

Month 1 (-24) Month 2 (-10) Month 3 (-13.2) Month 4 (-12.8) Month 5 (-11.6) Month 6 (-11.2)
Mo. 7 (-10.2) Mo. 8 (-10.6) Mo. 9 (-5.8) Mo. 10 (   ) Mo. 11 (   ) Mo. 12 (   )
Dee2011
on 4/18/11 9:36 am - PA
Pure protien and oh yeah wafers are great!
Ladytazz
on 4/18/11 9:43 am
I was going to suggest Pure protein bars, too. They seem to have the best stats. Atkin bars are pretty good, too.
allvalerie
on 4/18/11 9:44 am - Seward, AK
I love About Time's Oatmeal bars. Super Yummy!

http://www.shopabouttime.com/Meal_Replacement_Bars_s/25.htm

Valerie
gonna_be_fat_free
on 4/18/11 9:44 am - CA
Oops...I also wanted to ask if you eat a whole bar or would you divide it into halves or even thirds? I don't think I would want to eat a whole bar at once.

Month 1 (-24) Month 2 (-10) Month 3 (-13.2) Month 4 (-12.8) Month 5 (-11.6) Month 6 (-11.2)
Mo. 7 (-10.2) Mo. 8 (-10.6) Mo. 9 (-5.8) Mo. 10 (   ) Mo. 11 (   ) Mo. 12 (   )
allvalerie
on 4/18/11 10:39 am - Seward, AK
Well with the About Time ones -sometimes I eat the whole thing and sometimes I have a bite or two left - But I'm 3 months ahead of you

So you might want to half them depending on which bars you buy and how big they are.

Valerie
Price S.
on 4/18/11 11:13 am - Mills River, NC
I eat 1/2 of a pure protein bar.  Oh Yeah is also very good but more expensive and you can't find them everywhere.  Wally World has pure protein and if you buy a box they are very reasonable.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Amy R.
on 4/18/11 9:45 am
I love the Pure Protein ones as well. And the Titan ones are great too, but they are higher in carbs so you might want to check them out if you're one of those who is really careful with their carb count (I'm not).

One caveat, be careful of bars with lots of sugar alcohols. They can make you really sick (ie, bad, bad diarreha) so you might want to start with 1/2 bar if you're trying one of those.

Good luck in your search. It's kind of like with protein powders - very individual to each person's taste. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses here that will give you a good start though.
psx chelly
on 4/18/11 10:40 am, edited 4/18/11 10:40 am
If you are watching carbs:
Atkins Advantage Chocolate Chip Granola Bar
http://www.atkins.com/Products/ProductDetail9/Chocolate-Chip-Granola-Bar.aspx

Ive tried a bunch of bars and just about all of the Atkins ones... this is the only one without that weird low carb fake chocolate aftertaste.

If you don't need to watch carbs;
I highly recommend (based on taste) anything in the "ThinkThin" line. Gluten free, and you dont get that "wow this is thick" feeling, like your eating tire rubber.. that most protien bars give you.
http://shop.thinkproducts.com/

shoven21187
on 4/18/11 10:45 am - Saint Paul, MN
 ugh, I tried pure protein bars because everyone recommended them, but they made me sick. Tasted like alcohol! But everyone is different. If you go to the atkins website you can order a weight loss plan kit or something and they send you 3 free bars and they have pretty good stats! I also had one today and it was pretty good! I also just ordered it Saturday and I got it in the mail TODAY! 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 261 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 142 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?