SUPER sensitive skin... help

twooten
on 5/3/11 5:13 am - Loveland, CO
 Alright I am having some skin problems and my surgeon is not being much help. My legs are driving me crazy. So from my ankles to my mid thigh my skin is so super sensitive to touch it hurts. i have not shaved in a while b/c it feels like i am using a a cheese grater and cutting off the top layer of skin with hair. i cant itch with out wanting to cry, and on top of it my legs are covered in tiny red bumps.    I am also waking up with bruises all over with no idea how i got them, and when i give my vit b12 shot i bleed like a stuffed pig. like it takes 10 mins to stop the bleeding and before surgery i never had clotting problems   I have no idea whats going on and its been this way for like a month now, the only thing my doc said was maybe a vit level is low but didnt order tests... 
Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
samsander
on 5/3/11 5:34 am - CA
I suggest you consult a dermatologist.... I have had similar typres of issues in the past and that is where I went.

One thing the derm might suggest is hydrocotistone cream (available over the counter)... but you should only use that for less than a month without seeing a dr. for more instruction. They also have prescriptions for stronger stuff, if need be.

Good Luck! Itching is MADDENING!!!!!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

curvaceousdiva
on 5/3/11 5:51 am - Hyattsville, MD
my skinis WAAYY more sensitive now as well. I have prescription hydrocortisone 2% which works wonders and I take benedryl as well
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
H.A.L.A B.
on 5/3/11 8:14 am
TO me that sounds like vitamins - minerals deficiencies.
Not sure  which ones - but I need extra K, A B2 and zinc or I end up with a lot of skin issues. 

Also - iron. Bruising may be due to vit K and iron deficiencies. Sensitive skin - zinc, B2, B6, B12, - all B's, E and A.
Some of those I get in a cream - health food store, and just apply to my skin.

I developed skin issues after RNY. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/3/11 8:15 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."