Energy?

BobbeJoJo
on 5/5/11 4:00 am
Now that I have lost 40 lbs since surgery (and 19% of my total body weight since entering the WLS Program at my HMO)  I was really hopeful that I would have a lot of energy!

In 2002 I lost 30+ lbs due to stress and eating a Atkins/South Beach diet.  I had so much more energy. 

I have been sleeping pretty well and taking my vitamins.  I am ok on hydration.  I am walking everyday.  My new stomach will not tolerate a lot of foods so I am limited in what I eat but I think I am getting enough to eat for this stage of my Program.  I am drinking protein shakes (100 cal for 21 grams).  

But I have no energy and no drive to do the basic things like cooking, dishes, laundry, etc. 

I still take care of the necessities because I have to, but I feel like other things are slipping from my control.

Does anyone else have problems with energy and if you do what are you doing to give yourself a boost? 

I used to work, keep the house spotless and still have time for hobbies like scrapbooking.  What the heck!? 

Highest weight: 331 (4/13/10), Entered Bariatric Program: 320 (9/7/10), Pre-Surgery Goal: 310, Day of Surgery: 307 (2/15/11), Current Weight: 171 (5/12/12). 5'5". I am overweight now!
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 4:26 am
I am only a month out and I was tired so I went and got a b12 shot it boosts you right up, Good Luck
Frank_B
on 5/5/11 5:12 am - Woodbridge, NJ
Ypu say you are taking your vitamin, but what does your labs show?  sometimes you may be taking your vitamins but not enough

Usually (but not 100% of the time)  the lack of energy comes from low B12 or Iron levels (or both being low) 

Check your labs on those to start off with and see what they tell you

ktharp89
on 5/5/11 7:39 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I am so tired all the time. I don't have enough energy to go back to work. I might try b12 injections. All I want to do is sleep all day. If you figure it out please let me know.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Alice P.
on 5/5/11 7:45 am
Get your labs checked and while it sounds counter productive make sure you get your exercise in. I found starting to exercise really helped to give me more energy and I started slow swimming 15-20 mins 3-4 x a week.
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Smileygrl810
on 5/5/11 11:13 am
I am 7 weeks out and still have no energy either. I just got my labs today and everything looks great... I take naps on my lunch break at work sometimes and I go to bed and crash as soon as I hit the pillow and then when my alarm goes off in the morning... I snooze about 7 times before I actually get out of bed. It's the worst!

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
Lady Lithia
on 5/5/11 11:38 am, edited 5/5/11 11:40 am
1. Are you taking multivitamins? What type and how often?

2. Are you taking Vitamin D3? you might be low.

3. Are you taking SUBLINGUAL B12? If not start immediately!

4. Are you supplementing iron? you might be low on iron.

5. Are you taking a B-complex? you should. Thiamine deficiencies can mess with your brain and make you feel bad

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

ceschliman
on 5/21/11 12:34 am
Hi,
I am so exhausted as well. I am only working a few hours about 5 nights a week and if I have to work then i have to get like a 3 hour nap before. I run 3 miles and then I can sleep for 16 hours. Exercise wears me out, not the other way around. I am going to get my blood taken next week and try to figure this out. I have lost 1/2 of my weight and feel worse than before.....................  The things I think it may be are:
Low Iron
Low B12 (although I take a lot of it)
Anemia
Low Copper

So far that is my list of maybes.................. Someone also told me my adrenal glands may be screwed up as well..................

Just want to geel good and healthy. I am 4 months out.
Most Active
Recent Topics