Just had surgery

shida1129
on 5/12/11 8:37 am - Homestead, FL
I just had surgery on May 10.  The surgery went very well.  No leaks and Fluids are going down easily.  I was allergic to most pain meds and unfortunately it was a very painful couple of days.  Just got out of the hospital and feel better.  The bloating and the gasiness is driving me crazy.  I am walking as much as I can.  I do feel some pulling and tugging at times.  I guess my question is how long does the pulling, tugging and bloating last.  Other than that am doing well.  Good energy. 

Jeannie

Tessmama_of4
on 5/12/11 9:48 am
Mine lasted about 3 to 4 days! I am glad you are doing good and in good spirits.:)
plum21
on 5/12/11 10:44 am - Miami, FL
 You'll be fine. The first couple of weeks are the hardest, and they're not so bad... de la Cruz is an amazing surgeon. Follow all the rules and drink as much as you can. Good luck!
shida1129
on 5/12/11 11:22 am - Homestead, FL
I completely agree.  De La Cruz and his team is amazing.  This has nothing to do with him.  It has to do with my threshold of pain my inability to take  most pain meds due to allergies.  I am following the plan to the T. 

I am feeling better hour by hour and I think that very soon I will be feeling 100%. 

Jeannie

SugarGrl
on 5/12/11 11:26 am
I was off pain meds the day after surgery and never even had to do a Tylenol.  The bloating and gas I took care of with GasX and walking around with my hands on my head (weird but it worked).  I think after 3 days the worst was over with.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

SugarGrl
on 5/12/11 11:26 am
Oh and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

gizmo113
on 5/12/11 12:18 pm - Camby, IN
sleeping on the recliner helped me too.... Just another suggestion! :)

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

bluek
on 5/12/11 11:57 pm - Austin, TX
every day is noticeably better! i'm 8 days out and i would say i am 85% back to "normal"! I am going back to work today and Can't Wait - I have been bored out of my mind at home.
Make sure you get in your fluids! I felt MUCH better when i started drinking more protein.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics