OT: Just for fun... if you could buy any car you wanted (under $50k!), what would it be?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/18/11 11:31 am - OH
I've been looking at new cars, so I'm just curious....  What would you buy and why?  Any particular color or color combination?  Any "must have" feature(s)?

The $50K was a completely arbitrary number (and, no *I* cannot afford a $50,000 car!!), so that's a little flexible for this game... if your dream car is $60K feel free to include it... just no $100,000 cars, ok?!?  Just wondering what people would buy if money was not a big concern.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

melissa22886
on 5/18/11 11:34 am
I'm pretty simple. I really like either the scion tc , nissan 350z, or the nissan sentra....nothing too spectacular. either in blue or black

kyutzy
on 5/18/11 11:40 am - Arlington, TX
 I love my 10 yr old vw diesel beetle.  I hope to buy a new one when the time comes!  Probably not the neon green again but a more subtle blue or something.  Really wanted Barbie Pink
SugarGrl
on 5/18/11 11:43 am
Easy... A little red Corvette!!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

princessfrogee
on 5/18/11 11:45 am - AL
My dream "car" would be a remodeled 40's style pickup.  ha ha 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Laura in Texas
on 5/18/11 11:52 am
Someday when I'd done chauffeuring my kids everywhere, I plan to get a Ford Mustang.  I had one before I had kids and loved it. And since my boyfriend has worked for Ford for 20 years, I should be able to get a good deal!!  

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

LessieBelle
on 5/18/11 11:52 am
NEW Dodge Durango - loaded with navigation and bluetooth phone capability.  They are beautiful.

I have a 2004 Durango that I really love - it is just the right size - not too big, not too small - just right.  I have been car shopping several times and nothing compares to how useful it is.  It can haul quite a few people AND when you need to haul stuff, there is plenty of room.  Drives very nice and I like the added height.

My husbands new car - 2011 Hyundai Sonata  - has navigation and blue tooth - and at first I thought how ridiculous, this is not necessary - but it really is - with the phone laws and usage things going the way they are in different states - hands free.  This car is also VERY nice - if you like cars and it is relatively inexpensive.

Color really wouldn't matter to me.  I prefer lighter colors (they look cleaner longer) but the impractical, wow that's pretty person in me would go for black or red, too.  If it is available in that cream color, I would get that. 

I really want to go test drive one of the new ones, but I fear I would walk out with a new payment . . so I will wait a little longer.

Good luck!

338 / 313  / 194/ 189
HW / SW /  CW / Goal   

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/18/11 12:03 pm - OH
Yeah, part of my problem is that one of the two cars I am trying to replace is a 1999 Honda Prelude (and my 2009 Civic EXL)... and there is NOTHING (under $40,000, anyway!) that handles like my Prelude!  I love it and was heartbroken when Honda discontinued them in 2002.  I bought the Civic to drive on a daily basis to try to keep the mileage down on the Prelude (102,000 miles on a 1999 is not bad, especially since I drove it every day for all but the last 2 years).

Looking to sell the Prelude and trade in the Civic (the Prelude is worth a lot more on the street than what they will give as a trade-in)...  My Civic has the navigation system and I don;t use it much, but love it when I DO need it!

Lora

Kimberly129
on 5/18/11 11:54 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
I'd buy a Chevy Tahoe in a beautiful bright Royal Blue with dark grey interior, my must haves are an in dash 6 disk CD changer and a rear DVD player that folds down from the roof of the car, along with super dark tinted windows.
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/18/11 11:57 am - OH
For me, it would be the Lexus ISC hardtop convertible: www.lexus.com/models/ISC/features/exterior.html   Red, with black leather interior, please.... and don't forget the ventilated (air-conditioned!) front seats and the navigation system.  Between $45 and $50k... 

Or maybe the BMW 335i convertible... just over $50K  (but it has no air-conditioned seats )...

Now where did I put that lottery ticket...?

Lora

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 167 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views