Telephone conference call support group, interested?

Rejoyce
on 5/24/11 10:43 pm - Dayton, OH
Hi, I am starting a telephone based support group for those of us who can't get to our surgeon's support groups for one reason or another.  This will be a conference call group, the conference call will cost nothing unless you have to call long distance, then it will be the long distance charges.  I have unlimited calling services so there is no charge for me. 

I will limit the group to 8 people to allow time for everyone to participate.  It will be held weekly on a week day evening.  At our first meeting the group will decide the parameters of the group and any group rules.  Group facilitation will be a shared responsibility of all group members, but everyone will have guidelines to assist them.

I am a psychotherapist and have plenty of group experience, but this will not be a therapy group and I will not be wearing my therapist hat.  This will be a self help group and I will be a group member who has the knowledge and skill for setting up the group, but otherwise, I will be a member who needs support and encouragement too.

Please respond via PM if you are interested in learning more and possibly participating.  I would ask that anyone who chooses to participate that they consider this to be a commitment and be prepared to be at meetings on a regular basis.  We will make it time limited, meaning that it will initially only last a few weeks and we'll re-evaluate at the end of that time.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Joyce
Life is just a stage I'm going through...
HW:253  SW: 230  CW: 170  GW: 140

ahmerzrealm
on 5/25/11 12:10 am - Naperville, IL
I am very  interested. And will commit myself once I know the times these meetings will be held.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views