protein shakes

KM724
on 6/4/11 12:03 am
Since most shakes make like 8 oz , does anyone know if you could save the rest of them in the fridge until the next time you need them????? My plan is for me to only have 1-2 oz after surgery. Thanks>>

Mommy to the 3 most beautiful little boys in the world...... This is all for you guys (:
HW 311  SW 298  CW 255  GW 180

unewillow
on 6/4/11 1:32 am - CT
Yes, you can. And many people do.

As to the shake recommended above, it looks okay, but my concern is that corn syrup is the 3rd or so ingredient on the list. Total carbs of 17g, Fiber of 5g, leavin 12grams unaccounted for and no listing of how many grams of sugar per serving.

siberiancat
on 6/4/11 2:16 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
You can also use 1/2 scoop of protein powder to make less (4oz).  You can also drink your protein 2 oz at a time every 2 hours.  To get 80 gm or so protein a  day, we need to be sipping all day long.

Try goint to www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com or www.bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com to get protein drink, puddings, ice cream, hot drinks, etc.

I wouldn't use any protein product or any other product than has 9gm sugar or more per serving.

My general rule is 10 gm protein per 100 calories.  So if a serving is 200 calories, then I would want it to have about 20 gm protein.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 21 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 292 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?