Is this right ???

dkwilliams1
on 6/2/11 4:23 pm - AK
Hello everyone, it's been a couple weeks since I've been on here, been very busy.  I don't know what's going on with me... when I try to eat, my pouch feels full- and I can only eat 2-3 spoonfulls or bites before I'm full. I'm NOT complaining... For example, today I drank sips of iced tea, a protein drink, tried to eat tuna (ate 2 bites and my pouch kicked the hell out of me) and ate some spoonfuls of applesauce. Ok, so why am I loosing so slowly???? I hardly eat anything. I am being held hostage by my pouch... I know, I know, everyone's different, but I feel like my favorite foods have been taken away for nothing- since I'm not loosing. Sorry, just had to vent...

jenni93
on 6/2/11 4:38 pm
When was your surgery?
   SW:  285   GW:  155    CW:  143          

KevinHill
on 6/2/11 5:44 pm - Temecula, CA
Everyone hits a plateau, which sounds like your currently at.    I'm 21 months out of surgery (RNY) and lost 200 lbs (from 390 lbs to 190 lbs).  I have to nibble all day long to keep my weight stable. Two to three small bites max. 

Occasionally it kicks my butt no matter what I eat. But you'll get use to it.  Your body tries to store fat no matter what, and resists weight loss. That's natural. but the RNY circumvents nature by making a small stomach and by-passing a lot of the intestine causing malabsorption. Just be patient and it will melt off.  Just remember to eat small bites very slowly.  It takes me a half hour to eat a banana.  lol
Wishmeluck123
on 6/3/11 12:33 am
Congratulations Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/2/11 8:13 pm
You may not be getting in enough protein.  If you are not eating you should be supplementing with protein shakes.

Winnie

Barbara C.
on 6/2/11 9:13 pm - Raleigh, NC

DK,

If you are not logging your intake, you might want to do so in order to know the caloric value of what you are consuming. Studies have shown that you need to consume 800 to 900 calories a day to maximize your weight loss potential without causing your body to move into a more 'efficient' calorie burning zone.

Also know that you will hit 'stalls' where you are not losing at a rate that you had been losing before. These are normal and will pass. If this is not a stall, but a trend you might want to schedule a meeting with your dietician to see what can be done to maximize your weight loss potential.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Wishmeluck123
on 6/3/11 12:32 am
Sometimes when we we too little (how ironic right) lol - we tend to stall in weight loss. It will go slowly if the body thinks we are starving ourselves..... I know that happens to me. Somedays, I can eat more then others as well. Just keep doing what you are doing......Eat your proteins first.....eventually it will come off. I know I want my weight to fall off, however, I know I did not gain it over night so I wont lose it over night. Have patience. Sounds like you are doing all the right things....You also may be losing inches when the weight loss slows......That is my case as well....

Good luck!
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

dkwilliams1
on 6/3/11 1:04 am - AK
thanks !!! I shouldn't be whining, I should be happy the scale is going down, no matter how slow...

Wishmeluck123
on 6/3/11 8:30 am
Aww you are not whining....lets say venting! That is what this site is for. SUPPORT....if we cant get that here then where can we! All the best!!!
Melissa~ 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 307 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics