My free ride is over!!!

all-about-fun
on 6/6/11 12:22 am - Minden, Canada
I am almost 10 months out and have only lost 13lbs since the beginning of the year!!!! I'm not complaining (well maybe a little) but, I can eat everything, and I know that I shouldn't and I don't, don't get me wrong the urges to have some high carb or fattening foods are still there, controling them is another story. My problem lies with lack of exercise!!!
I am still working 2 jobs with a 2.5 hour commute a family and can't seem to get my but in gear to get out and ride my bike, I want to it just seems time runs out.  I am also embarrassed to say that transfer addiction is a reality to me, in the form of alcohol.  I am working on getting that under control, those empty calories are probably the main reason I have stopped losing weight..
Thanks for listening... I hope that now I have come public with this info, that it is enough for me to get my ass in gear.....
Tina

Karen M.
on 6/6/11 1:02 am - San Antonio, TX
Tina --
My prayers are with you. I have been stuck since January when I had knee surgery and have still not gotten the exercise thing going again. I am still eating instead of transferring my addiction. Why can't we get addicted to exercise? LOL!
Hang in there.

HW 350 (8/06) /Consult W (12/09) 319 /SW 300 /CW 215.9/ GW 170

Jenny_D
on 6/6/11 1:12 am - Canton, GA
Oh honey. {{HUG}}} You recognize that there is a problem there and that you are transfering your addiction. That's half the battle! Now what are you going to do about it?

My NUT always says to start with one tiny, small goal, and then work from there. When you go for a drink, why not switch it out for water and make yourself walk while drinking it? I work full time too and have two small children, so I feel your pain about not finding time to exercise.

I hope you find a solution soon. You've lost 96 pounds in 10 months! That's pretty darn awesome!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

vervetoloose
on 6/6/11 1:36 am
Hello Tina,
You are almost 10 months out, which means you still have the "window" of opportuinity to be able to still lose. I would encourage you to make the best of this time. Try and lose as much as you can as when the malabsorption begins it will be very difficult. Then there is the rebound.....So far I have been able to avoid any rebound, but I am not yet 2 years out and am well aware that things are likely to get tougher.

The other two things you mention, biking and the cross addiction of alcohol, are also things I have been dealing with. Bike riding has become an enjoyable activity. I would encourage you to try and make yourself ride  and before long you may  find that you really really enjoy it. It becomes fun. then believ me you will find the time to squeeze in a ride here and one there. Start with short rides and go a bit further when you feel ready. You likely had surgery to become a better and healthier you and to acheive this you should try and exercise. Is your family able to ride with you? Maybe 30 min. 3x weekly after dinner? You ride while they eat? ( This may not be popular- I don't know the age of your children), Saturdays and Sundays?

Alcohol is something I am working on leaving alone. Completely out of the picture I know is best. I was able to get through the weekend without a glass of wine and that is all I do - day by day. Making sure that my nutrition is the best I can manage. We don't need the extra calories nor another unhealthy habit.

I wish you the best sweetie.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

all-about-fun
on 6/6/11 2:20 am - Minden, Canada
Thanks ladies for your reply's... I really appreciate it.
I am really going to try to cycle this week monday and friday I work both jobs in the same day, and unfortunately I do not have any days off, but I will make time for al least 2 days to bike with my kids...

vervetoloose
on 6/6/11 2:37 am
Great start....you'll see Congrats!

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views