gallbladder surgery recover period

twooten
on 6/6/11 5:42 am - Loveland, CO
 i might have to get my gallbladder removed and wanted to know how long you were in the hospital and then how long you were at home before able to return to work
Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
cate81
on 6/6/11 5:46 am
 Just had min e out 2 weeks ago. I was released the next day. Had surgery on Monday went to school Thursday and work Friday for a half day. I was okay but would have rather been home. It is a much easier recovery than the wls. I just felt tired for about a week. It would depend on your job when you go back. I work in an office so it wasn't a problem.  Good Luck!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/6/11 5:54 am - OH
I was in the hospitak overnight and then off work for 2 weeks, BUT the secodn week off work was because he had to make one of the incisions about an inch and a half long in order to get through the mesh from my previous hernia repair.  Without that longer incision, I would have been permitted to go back to work (an office job) after 1 week.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

SweetGatorGirl
on 6/6/11 5:57 am - Gainesville, FL
Had mine out in February.  It was done on outpatient basis.  I had it done Tuesday and I was back at work (desk job) on Friday.  I was tired for a couple weeks, but pain was managable.
HW 252/SW 243/GW 135/CW 146                

Pholaris
on 6/6/11 6:19 am
I was in the Hospital Overnight and home for two weeks but that's because I have problems with pain management.
Pregnancy%20ticker
twooten
on 6/6/11 6:20 am - Loveland, CO
 Thanks everyone. did any of you get headaches over your right eye before you got yours removed
Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
poet_kelly
on 6/6/11 6:31 am - OH
I came home the same day and felt pretty much fine two or three days later.  It was a really easy surgery for me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 6:35 am - NJ
Just had mine about 3 weeks ago - same day surgery.  I was wiped out for about a week.  I have had many abdominal surgeries though, and I was really sore.  I work from home, and didn't do any work for a week.  

I am so glad I had it removed.
LORI S.
on 6/6/11 7:36 am
I had mine out May 5th (thurs). Went in at 630am and was on my way home by 1030am. Felt pretty good day of surgery. Felt like I wa**** by a truck friday. Slept propped up the next night and felt great saturday and returned to work on sunday. The only day I had to take off was thursday. It was a piece of cake compared to WLS. My mom came up to help me the day after surgery but I ended doing things on my own including cooking lunch and supper and doing dishes that day. My mom was astounded that I bounced back so quickly. I did have a weight restriction of no lifting more than (I think 20lbs for 2 weeks)
DisneyLover
on 6/6/11 12:04 pm - WI
Mine was also day surgery.  I was out a week from work (back to desk job).
I felt great after the surgery.  I felt really bad before, so I wasn't even on pain meds there was that much improvement.

Good luck!

Sarah