11 months out and DONE!

Pct3ch
on 6/9/11 10:44 pm - Marshville, NC
Well I am happy to say.I have been told to "Stop Loosing Lb's" by 2 diffrent dr's. My family is now worried and says I am starting to look bad. I know I look and feel much better.I am not sure what to do at this point. They are starting to try and shove food in my mouth and that is just not going to happen.
has anyone else had this kind of Back-lash with family,loved ones and friends? I am finished losing lb's, but I don't want them to think it is because of all them ganging up on me to force me to eat more.

Thanks for the support all and thanks for all the responces I know will follow.
Chris
Pct3ch Loves you @ll......!!!!!!

_Donna_
on 6/9/11 10:48 pm
I think our loved ones mean well when they tell us to stop losing weight, because they are so used to the was we USED to look.
Your goal is 210? Well unless you are 6' 6" that still seems a bit high, according to the statistics I see.
Stop when YOU are ready to stop and when YOU feel good in your own skin.

CONGARATS by the way!

RNY 5-5-2011

Pct3ch
on 6/10/11 1:25 am - Marshville, NC
T.Y. for the good advice and support. Oh and yes.. i am 6'6" .. right on the head "Good Call'. ;) ~Chris~

beatrice00
on 6/9/11 11:17 pm - NY
RNY on 04/10/12 with
Congratulations on your weight loss. You can lose as much as you want and feel comfortable with. I don't think it's a big deal if you want to keep losing. Stop when you think you are done. Good luck.

Katari
on 6/9/11 11:19 pm - OR
Congrats on your weight loss! I was also told to stop losing weight by my Dr.'s. It does happen to some of us. However, I also found that when I first hit my lowest weight, I did look a little "bad" LOL. I'm still the same weight a year later, but my face looks a little "fuller" than it did at first so I think your body will slowly change shape even if you don't try to gain/ maintain the loss. Just let them know "thank you for your concern the Dr. and I are working closely together to make sure I remain as healthy as possible." You may still lose a little more considering you are only 11 months out (although I stopped losing around 9 month;s out so it's not impossible to say your done). You might look at trying to slow your weight loss if it is a concern by adding in a little more calories into your diet. Do it slowly however, so you dont all of a sudden find you've increased to much and are gaining. It's really a fine line when you start maintaining to get in enough to maintain, but not enough to start gaining! Best wishes!!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Jenny_D
on 6/10/11 12:30 am - Canton, GA
Congratulations on reaching your goal!

I agree that your family is just not used to seeing you so thin. I remember when my nephew had the surgery 7 years ago we all said the same thing to him. He's 5'9" and dropped down to 150, so he did look a little too thin. But then he stabilized up at 175 and he's doing great!

You lose as much as you and your doctor feel is right (and healthy) for you. Your family will get used to it.

Keep up the good work!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

Pct3ch
on 6/10/11 1:26 am - Marshville, NC
Well T.Y. for the input. It sure sounds like I am not the only one who has heard this before. lol I do feel healthy and the Dr's just finished running my new labs and said everything was ALL GOOD. It does feel good to be so close to the end. lol Finally. ;)

cajungirl
on 6/10/11 1:31 am
Your family and friends mean well.  Your body will settle where it wants to settle, it is very possible you'll continue to lose weight for a while.  Don't stress about it having a little comfort room for possible bounceback is a good thing.

Congrats on a job well done.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Pct3ch
on 6/12/11 7:52 am - Marshville, NC
T.Y. all for you input and support. I know my family means well or they would not have supported this whole ordeal. ;) I do feel good about where I am at now and on top of that my wife goes in for her by-pass next week. (so many prayers to her).. I am just prayng that they will fix their sites on her for a bit.. lol 

Much love,
                Chris

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 278 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?