Lost 21 lbs but still size 24...why

Kempersmom
on 6/12/11 2:00 pm - MD
I have lost about 21lbs. but I am still in the same size!!! its frustrating but i def can see im smaller in the face and def. in the Chest area!! Has anyone had the same problems?

on 6/12/11 2:18 pm - OR
are your crrent 24s stretched? were they tight before? I know for me I can say I am a "22" but really should be a 24 so it takes longer because I really need to go down a size and half. I about your weight and it takes me a minimum of 20 pounds per size
Jane N.
on 6/12/11 2:21 pm - Round Rock, TX
It took me about 50 pounds before I got into a smaller size.  You'll get there.  I'm sure you clothes are fitting better or are starting to get loose?

NIXMOMMIE
on 6/12/11 2:51 pm - NC
Sometimes when we are fat we are in denial and refuse to buy more clothes "until I lose this weight". So some of you rold clothes may fit because they were really too small befor. Another 10 lbs or so and you will find a shirt that always sqooze the crap out of you and try it on and it fits. you will see..

Carrie W.
on 6/12/11 3:12 pm - KY
It took me a total of 60lbs before I could wear a smaller size. No worries, it'll happen.
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

nana2boys
on 6/12/11 3:15 pm
When I first started to loose weight,  the skin sagged  downward and settled around my waist and hips.  Made my pants tighter at first.  as the weight came off, clothes size went down as well

seattledeb
on 6/12/11 4:37 pm
I also think that size 24 clothes are not as tailored and form fitting. I lost a lot of weight before I needed a smaller size.
Deb T.

peyton88
on 6/12/11 10:11 pm - Madison, GA
Hang in there!  I had to lose 40 pounds to go down ONE size.....after that though, the sizes drop QUICKLY!   Don't over buy clothes!!!  You won't get to wear them long....I borrowed from friends and hit garage sales and flea markets.  I really only bought one pair of jeans and one pair of khakis as I was losing....you can wear shirts longer!

Enjoy the ride!!!
  HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

Kempersmom
on 6/12/11 10:38 pm - MD
thanks everyone! im happy it wasn't just me...I do notice my shirts hang loose (bc i have no chest now ) and I havent bought clothes Some friends gave me alot of clothes so im set for awhile! Thank you all
lynnc99
on 6/12/11 11:11 pm
Early out, you may still be experiencing some post op swelling in the belly - your system isn't fully healed yet.

And as I often say, this whole business is an exercise in teaching us patience!!!!!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics