Shrimp
Crab meat
Salmon
Chicken
Eggs
Yogurt
Milk
Peanut Butter

Shrimp cook in a pain with a little thyme, salt, pepper and garlic. Saute until pink.. You can eat three or four at a time and it will fill you up.  I get mine cleaned and devained from Whole Foods Large $12.99 a lb a 1/2 a lb lasts about two days with snacking.

Salmon get a small piece about 4 ounces back with a little butter on top you can eat like that no skin or chop up with a little mayo and its salad.. goes down easy

Chick thighs are very tender and moist do not do breast. I put them on the grill then when just about done take off put in the oven with a little BBQ sauce (watch the sauce dont use any with high frutose syrup..) Get all natural more expensive but better for you.. They come out really tender you can make salad with this too.

Egg scramble omelet.. get some fresh spinach cut up a few leaves w/out the stems get a few cherry tomato watch the seeds cut up saute in a little olive oil add your scrambled egg and a few slivers of shreded cheese! Great lots of protein and provides a ton of energy!

candie33
on 6/14/11 2:13 am
Thanks for the info  I am still looking for ways to increase my protein through food

kilburn_k76
on 6/14/11 2:19 am

Hi! Do you use protein shakes for a protein source also? Or are you just getting it all in through your daily food intake?
1SushiDiva
on 6/14/11 3:03 am - MD
On June 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM Pacific Time, kilburn_k76 wrote:

Hi! Do you use protein shakes for a protein source also? Or are you just getting it all in through your daily food intake?
I am not drinking the shakes like in the beginning weeks.  The chocolate was getting to me and my Dr suggests ones with less than 1 gram of sugar.

Mara C.
on 6/14/11 2:31 am - Millbury, MA
Protein shakes or protein coffee
cottage cheese
greek yogurts
cheese
protein crisps
any meats, steak, pork, chicken etc... the only thing I still have trouble with is ground beef
Click
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
1SushiDiva
on 6/14/11 3:01 am - MD
On June 14, 2011 at 9:31 AM Pacific Time, Mara C. wrote:
Protein shakes or protein coffee
cottage cheese
greek yogurts
cheese
protein crisps
any meats, steak, pork, chicken etc... the only thing I still have trouble with is ground beef
Click
Oh yeah I forgot all about the cottage cheese, breakstone has the 100 calorie ones with the fruit! Veery filling for breakfast in the ams.  Greek yogurt can have too much sugar becareful until your about 6 wks out..

I would only stick to chicken of fish early on b/c they are the easiest to digest and less likely to get stuck.

Mara C.
on 6/14/11 3:17 am - Millbury, MA
Oh sorry I am much further out than that.  But I do not do the greek yogurt w/ fruit anyhow.  I buy the plain 0%, I bring to work with a baggy of frozen blueberries (which thaw before I am ready to eat it), then add the blueberries, and some fiberone cereal (for crunch) to it.  This is 18 grams of protein, very filing and yummy!  I eat it for breakfast almost every day!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
_Donna_
on 6/14/11 3:24 am
What about nuts for a protein source? i love pistachios, almonds, and cashews!

RNY 5-5-2011

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views