being told you look good...

gochristy1971
on 6/17/11 5:59 am - CA

Sometimes, it's not the LOOKS part of it they are commenting on...I think for me, I have more energy in my step and I look happier, thus GOOD.  I've seen a lot recently where people think it's a backhanded compliment...sometimes people notice that you look happy and healthy!

Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/17/11 7:04 am - Baltimore, MD
That's a good attitude. Brava!

I personally make it very hard for people NOT to notice me. But these days it's more for my ta-ta's and less for the weight loss.

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/11 7:57 am - San Diego, CA
I second that, Nik.  Having big boobs is like a permanent ticket for free stuff.
Lori P.
on 6/17/11 8:07 am - Kenosha, WI
I want big boobs!!!!  

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Laura in Texas
on 6/17/11 12:08 pm
Meeeeeeeeeeee, tooooooooooooo!! After my lift in 11 days, I will have none!! 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Kathleen W.
on 6/17/11 8:28 am - Lancaster, PA
Nik,
I wish my girls looked as good as yours.  I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

gochristy1971
on 6/17/11 8:35 am - CA
Wow!  I'm shocked at the turn this post has taken!

Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/11 8:57 am, edited 6/17/11 8:58 am - San Diego, CA
Christy - sorry, back to your post love.  For me personally, I didn't get a lot of comments about my weight loss (even when I had lost 60+ lbs in 2 months) at first.  It was weird and I thought people were avoiding the subject because I was so insecure before WLS and, quite frankly, miserable.  But when I started to feel lighter, healthier and comfortable in my new skin, people started complimenting me almost immediately.  I think that when those changes happened, I exuded a confidence and happiness that I never had before, and it made people more comfortable to mention my weight loss without feeling like it would be "a touchy subject" or "offensive."  They might be right...I was better equipped to handle comments and open to compliments when I felt on the inside as I looked on the outside.

So it is what it is...being healthy & smaller brings forth a new person within - a happier, more confident you  - someone that holds their head high and proud, keeps a smile on their face A LOT more which in turn inevitably draws more positive attention!!

Just take it all in and try to enjoy it! :)

Lori P.
on 6/17/11 1:41 pm - Kenosha, WI
Sorry    

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

xxkiyaxx
on 6/17/11 9:32 am - NY
I absolutely agree with you!  I was always a confident person ... or at least I played one well on t.v. ... but once I started getting new clothes and insisting on wearing heels (even when I had to walk 1/2 a mile on a farm through mud, ducks, goats, etc. LOL!)  I started getting far more compliments :)  

And as for the "girls" ... after 60+ lbs I haven't lost one bit of them.  I wish I lost just a little ... Larges would fit much better .. but I'm stuck with XL's for now ... and even then when there are buttons involved I may have an issue.  I guess I don't mind having this problem :) LOL 
Most Active
Recent Topics