FATS????

Sadeyes49
on 6/21/11 12:38 am - CT
Hi Everybody, I called my NUT and asked about cream of mushroom soup. I was told if it's not on the list then you can't have it ever! Fats are forbidden, fruit is forbidden. Do any of you think this is realistic? Everyone needs a little fat in their diet. She just says keep getting in tha****er!! Water, water, water! If the scrambled egg fills me the ENTIRE DAY that's good, just eat half and focus on water the rest of the day! Is my NUT NUTS?????

By the way had surgery on May 25, 2011 RNY
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/21/11 12:53 am
your nuts is nuts.
Fats are needed - but initially in a very limmited qty.
Fruits were allowed at 6 weeks out... as long as I could tolerate them. but apple sauce was OK

How are you getting proteins?  I could not eat eagg for app 6-10 months.   A bite or 2 and I was full.  I stayed away from them until I could easily tolerate them.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

scherrie50
on 6/21/11 1:04 am
I'm not having a problem with proteins. I've had eggs and cottage cheese and started fish this week, and all seems well. My NUT also said no more cereals, i.e. cream of wheat, or potatoes while on this diet. I don't care, I'm eating potatoes still because they're very tolerable for me!
The applesauce was unsweetened?
AddisynsMommy
on 6/21/11 1:13 am - FL
 wow sorry what a whack job!! you need your protein!!! and of course your water! ia m by no means a vet or expert but thats insane! My NUT and DOC said after 3 months I should be able to tolerate almost everything with the exception of red meats b/c they are harder to break down.which i don't eat anyways but really! I was allowed to add fruits after 6 weeks and from the get go i could have cream soups if they were strained or pureed. after 6weeks though i was allowed to eat soups as is etc. After 9 weeks i could add bread pasta rice i do not eat those make me sick. but you need some substance!! are you doing protein shakes or anything to get your numbers where they should be? I would consult or find a new NUT! Sorry shes whacky!
scherrie50
on 6/21/11 1:18 am
no I was told to stop protein shakes and follow the diet. already I'm getting the feel of charley horses in my calves! i was told no crackers, no breads, no rice or pasta EVER!
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/21/11 1:33 am
I am 3 years post op and i do get at least one, but most days 2 shakes per day.
Otherwise I could not get my proteins in as much as my body needs. Crazy? yes. But we need to do what is right for our bodies.
Muscle cramps indicate mineral deficiencies and possible dehydration: you need magnesium, calcium and potassium... some salt , unless you have HB pressure issue or edema is also needed.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Amy T.
on 6/21/11 1:19 am - CA
I say your NUT is NUTs!  Can you get another one? A second opinion?  My hospital is a COE hospital and has a team of NUTS you can chose from.  Even my doctors office has 2 different ones.  

Fat and fruit are all part of a healthy well balanced diet!  Isn't that our goal with this journey we all are going through?  To say that they are forbidden,  is crazy.

I understand in the beginning,  how things are restricted, but to say that they are forbidden,  is crazy.
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

scherrie50
on 6/21/11 1:23 am
No, she's the only one there. And yes, I thought that was the goal to get us started on a healthy weight loss journey! When she told me about the fruit, I bawled! I said, "what did I do"? This is really insane. I do get my protein, and I drink water like I grew gills overnight!!! Bu****er isn't the cure all for everything!
Amy T.
on 6/21/11 1:27 am - CA
 When was your surgery?  How far out are you?  I am 11 days out and just started eating applesauce and unsweetened canned fruit.  After 4 weeks I can add softer fruits.  Personally, I don't think any healthy eating plan omits any part of the food group.  JMHO. 

Be vigilant.  Change NUTs if you have to!

You go girl.  This is your life to manage and take charge of!

Keep us updated!
Amy

Amy T.
on 6/21/11 1:28 am - CA
BTW... is this NUT strictly a NUT for bariatric patients or a general NUT?  
Amy

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 269 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 193 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics