Foamies..

1SushiDiva
on 6/20/11 12:59 pm - MD
Someone explain to me what this is and why it happens?

pam17
on 6/20/11 1:57 pm - AZ
Foamies refer to when food gets stuck or you fill up to much, It is the massive saliva that comes up when there is an issue. I always get relief after an episode.

cabin111
on 6/20/11 3:14 pm
Food gets stuck or doesn't sit well in the pouch.  You want to throw up...Try to throw up but can't.  The only thing that comes up is a white saliva foam.  You usually stand in front of a sink or have a cup and spit and spit...Until you find relief!!  I'm glad those day are over...EARLY ON...THE POUCH ALWAY RULES!!!
1SushiDiva
on 6/20/11 10:35 pm - MD
This is the part I don't understand, sometimes there is no food there! Its only this foamies.. I just dont get how that can cause so much discomfort.. Its no way to take something to prevent it happening?

I know that sometimes I will have some hot tea to calm the food down.. That has helped in the past but thats not always readily available..

Sometimes I will wait inbetween eatting too like maybe 5 to 10 minutes to let stuff settle and then continue on. But I do notice that when I eat too fast, or take to big of bites and don't chew all the way I have this issue. I can not eat on the run I have to sit down and eat my food.
Craig C.
on 6/20/11 11:51 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I am about 7 weeks out and had my first two cases of foamies the past couple of nights. Believe me it freeked me out a little. Its not that I was eating something I shouldnt or I wasnt chewing I guess it just didnt sit well with my pouch(I had baked chicken). However I was able to vomit it up after a while of foamies. Just very uncomfortable feeling

Craig

1SushiDiva
on 6/21/11 12:03 am - MD
Yes very much so.. cause nausea gets associated with it and if your out in public it's No Bueno!

Suzanne Gottschalk
on 6/21/11 4:28 am - Columbia, MO
I'm so glad to see this post. I wondered what had been happening to me after I ate an egg. Coupled with the fact that I started eating eggs 2 weeks too soon (so brilliant.), I was having this phenomena happen and it hurt so bad. Almost like something sticking in your chest! Anyway, thanks :)
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics