need feedback on pain level and ER

gracie5
on 6/22/11 2:15 pm
Hope you get to feeling better,keep in touch,hugs to you
Carla M.
on 6/22/11 9:06 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I was going to tell you something else yesterday and got distracted. I noticed you had Rita Anderson, so I'm going to guess that we are in the same town. Anyhoo, if you ever feel like you need to go to the ER and, it's not too late in the evening, go to Miami Valley South on Wilmington. No wait usually and they'll even greet you at your car with a golf cart if you're in too much pain. Best ER I've been to yet.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/22/11 11:49 pm - OH
I actually used it for the first time when I had the problem with blood accumulation in my knee, and they were AMAZING (with miniimal wait time compared to Kettering or even Sycamore (which I despise)).  I also live, literally, 2 miles straight down the road...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/22/11 11:53 pm - OH
I managed to make it through the night without too much discomfort -- added a Lunesta to the Vicodin -- and the pain is better today (but not gone).  Just got back from the upper GI and small bowel follow-up (yep, I threw up the barium AGAIN!), so a nap is in order.  The technician made a note on the computer that i was in quite a bit of pain (and I heard her mention it ot the doctor who was there for part of it), and she said hopefully that would speed up the report on it so my doc and the surgeon will have results and can plan where to go from here...

Thanks for the support.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Carla M.
on 6/23/11 11:11 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I have a little trick that a tech gave me for the barium. Ask for the non-toxic (it's thinner, not the thick chalky) and take very, very small sips each time they ask you to drink. It's worked for me, even with partial strictures. Sometimes I have to ask them to wait a moment for me to be able to drink again, but they usually say that it's not a problem.
Kat Kat
on 6/23/11 6:52 pm - AZ
I am sorry to read that you have been having so much pain. You have so much to focus on that it isn't fair that you have to be distracted by the hospitals crazy perception that you're a drug seeker. As much as your mom doesn't like going tot he hospital, I'm sure she'd prefer to go than have you suffer, so go if you need to. I hope that the doctors help resolve this for you soon.

curvaceousdiva
on 6/23/11 8:29 pm - Hyattsville, MD
soo sorry that you're in soo much pain. With my kidney stones, my PCP and nephrologist agreed to alternate me between vicodin/tylenol with codeine/percocets 5/325 OR 10/325 monthly since they cause me BAD constipation then with tramadol for in between pain. I would ask if I can alternate then when the stones flared up I'd get shots of dilaudid since morphine does NOTHING for me. So I took vicodin/perc/tylenol every 4 hours with tramadol every 6 hours...
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views