Please, need help with protein choices. 20 days out

NextChapterPlease
on 6/24/11 7:46 am - CA
Hi, I am 20 days out and needing some suggestions on food proteins. I have tried eggs twice and cannot tolerate them. I will try again in the future, but for now, they feel stuck.

My food schedule is as follows:

Breakfast
Protein Shake
Lunch
Protein Shake
Dinner

Peanur Butter stays down, lentils stay down, tuna is also good. But I'm at a loss as to what protein food to eat in the morning? Today I had tuna and it was kinda gross. Any suggestions would be helpful.

steve D.
on 6/24/11 7:49 am - West Fargo, ND
How about cottage cheese or greek yogurt with fruit?  Lots of protein easy to get down.  I used to do protein shake 1st, then yogurt for a snack, tuna for lunch, shake for snack and maybe refried beans for supper.

I am trying to learn to "eat to live" instead of "Live to Eat".

Good Luck and congratulations.
Steve

NextChapterPlease
on 6/24/11 7:51 am - CA
Thanks Steve... You know, I totally forget about yogurt!!! >> and I have a fridge full of it. I appreciate the feedback.
kaleidos
on 6/24/11 7:54 am
I hear ya on the eggs. And the tuna for breakfast...blech!

I gave up on anything too solid and now am just alternating between yogurt and cottage cheese.

I add between 5-20 grams of fruity protein powder to the yogurt to boost the protein and unflavored protein powder to the cottage cheese as well. Other cheeses might work better for you as well.

I also found that while I had a hard time with scrambled eggs, if I finely chopped/mushed a hard boiled egg with yogurt or mayo that was much easier to get down.

Weight loss includes 57.7 pounds before surgery. Not weighing until 2 weeks after surgery.
sunpat41
on 6/24/11 8:40 am
How much are you eating at a time, (cottage cheese, yogurt) just wondering
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

kaleidos
on 6/24/11 9:46 am
For my personal plan at least (I count calories as well as protein, and have a carb limit) I eat about 1/3 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt (40 calories, 7.5 grams protein) mixed with (for example) 1.2 scoop Syntrax Nectar protein powder (50 calories, 12 grams protein) for 90 calories and 19.5 grams protein. The yogurt is more of a "slider" food so I can physically eat more of it.

For the cottage cheese, I eat 2 ounces (40 calories, 6 grams protein) at a time (chunkier and I could never eat 1/3 cup of it now) mixed with 1/2 scoop About Time protein powder (50 calories, 12.5 grams protein) for 90 calories and 18.5 grams protein.

If I am still hungry, I add no more than 10 calories worth of fruit - a teaspoon of unsweetened applesauce or a chunk of cantaloupe. Usually I don't because I am satisfied with those amounts.

Weight loss includes 57.7 pounds before surgery. Not weighing until 2 weeks after surgery.
azreggie
on 6/24/11 8:15 am - Tucson, AZ
I can eat scrambled eggs with salsa.  Otherwise its Eggbeaters for me.

Reggie

gochristy1971
on 6/24/11 8:15 am - CA
Canned chicken
string cheese
rf cheese slices
deli luncheon meats (turkey, ham, chew well)
Wendy's chili (chew well)
Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
poet_kelly
on 6/24/11 9:20 am - OH
Cottage cheese, sliced cheese, Greek yogurt (if you mix in a spoonful of cheesecake flavored pudding mix it tastes just like cheese cake, honest), if you're on regular foods yet a protein bar, oatmeal with protein powder mixed in, sugar free pudding with protein powder mixed in, beans, chili, eggs cooked a different way (like,if you don't tolerate scrambled eggs well, hard boiled might work, though they might not).

Notice some of these things are not traditional breakfast foods.  You don't have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mdolan20
on 6/24/11 11:10 am - Brick, NJ
I also follow the protein shake for breakfast instead of snacks model. Just seems to go down easier in the morning and start me on my liquids for the day.  Other than that I second the cottage cheese or yogurt...or make your own protein jello -that also was good for me at the beginning.
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 235 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views