Water, water, water

Sadeyes49
on 6/28/11 5:16 am - CT
I'm 5 weeks out RNY! I'm drinking lots of water and really enjoying it! But today I'm stuffed! I'm so full from drinking this water. I did eat my lunch refried beans and salsa with just a small dollop of sour cream and yellow squash. Anybody else feel absolutely full from the water?
Suzanne Gottschalk
on 6/28/11 5:24 am - Columbia, MO
I'm 3 weeks out today, and would like to say YES!!!  I'm filled to the gills with water! Not much room for anything else and when I do try to "eat" something, I get stuffed so quickly. Amazing, this journey. (BTW your lunch sounds yummy!)
scherrie50
on 6/28/11 5:26 am
Thanks Suzanne it was yummy. You can find lots of helpful, delicious recipes on this site. Bless you on your journey!
Heather0115
on 6/28/11 5:56 am - CA
I cannot seem to drink water except in small sips with pills. I dring Sobe Lifewater 0 calorie to get my daily fluids.
Are you stopping fluids 30 minutes before you eat? Fluids just go through your pouch, so they are not making you feel full. I am 8 weeks post-op and have no appetite. I eat because the clock tells me to, otherwise I would starve to death!
BTW, plain greek yogurt has way more protein than does sour cream, and to me it tastes the same. Switching it out for sour cream is a great way to boost protein and not sacrafice taste.

Heather in San Diego
HW-255, GW-140 CW-141

scherrie50
on 6/28/11 6:00 am
Hi Heather, yes...I made that mistake a couple of times forgetting to wait 30 minutes out, mainly before, but you learn quickly! Even so, just having water in the mornings when I get up, I notice I'm filling up too, and then dont seem to have room for breakfast.

Thanks for the tip on the yogurt...I'll try it!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 238 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 271 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics