Liquids

Jussi_1
on 6/28/11 12:21 pm - OR
 Hi Everyone!

My name is Teresa and I'm new to the forum.  I just had my surgery last Wednesday.  I am following my drs. orders and getting in my protein and water, but I feel full all the time.  I feel that if I take one more sip I'm going to be sick.  I know we need to keep hydrated, but do you really need to keep taking in 2 to 4 oz of water every 15 minutes?

Thanks for you advice.

GastricKitty
on 6/28/11 12:30 pm - VA
 One thing I have been doing is mixing water with MIO (it's like crystal light, but liquid) then freezing it. When I'm sick of drinking I suck on one of those and it helps a lot. My surgery was a week ago Monday.
Jussi_1
on 6/28/11 12:41 pm - OR
 Thanks for the advice, I didn't even think about making a popsicle out of my crystal light or MIO.  I will be sure to do that tonight so they will be available tomorrow.
unewillow
on 6/28/11 1:01 pm - CT

It's because you are still probbaly swollen, it will get easier.

I wouldn't focus on how much you are drinking in a set time. Find a water bottle you like and fill that and sip sip sip during the course of the day. At a week out I was lucky to finish my 24oz bottle by the end of the day. But by the end of the 2nd week I could easily finish a bottle and a half and as time goes on just keep building.

These days I can get in 3 water bottles (24oz) of CL and a large plastic tumbler of iced coffee plus all my food over the course of a day. In fact, when I exercise I can down a whole bottle in an hour easily.

Most Active
Recent Topics