What could this be?

nanners1975
on 7/9/11 7:58 am - MA
I am almost 4 weeks out RNY but I have a friend you had RNY gastric bypass on Wednesday..he is still in the hospital as of today and 2 days ago he went to go to the bathroom and thought he needed to pass gas and when he sat down and got up from the toilet there was bright red blood in the toilet..it happened 4 times yesterday and 4 times today also, but he told me that all they are doing is checking blood work.  That seems odd to me cause I would be requesting more that just that.  Has anyone else heard of this or has had this happen..any information would be greatly appreciated :-)
PTM
on 7/9/11 10:48 am

Oh my gosh!  That's terrible!  I don't have any ideas about what it could be, but I'll say a prayer for your friend.  Hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Margaret   HW: 342    SW: 320    CW:  228    GW:  175    3          
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/9/11 11:44 am - Belleville, IL
I'm not a doctor...I don't know nor will I "guess" what it could be...But that person NEEDS to push his surgeon and team to check things out further...Yes? Common sense. If you are BLEEDING after surgery it could be nothing more than HEMMEROIDS or something serious.

NO ONE here can "tell you" what it is. Tell your friend to talk to the surgeon and INSIST on an answer.
We are NOT wusses...Advocate for yourself and DEMAND you team tell you what is  going on.

Warmly,
Jackie

immafatgirl
on 7/9/11 2:12 pm - KY
i bled for 4 whole days . scared me so bad. got weak and thought i was hemmoraging. it was internal hemmoroids. sometimes they will burst . i think ur friend may have hemmoroids. i hope thats it...
MarilynT
on 7/10/11 12:40 am, edited 7/10/11 12:40 am
Bright red blood is likely a hemmoroid; if he was bleeding from further up in his intestinal tract (like from his surgery site) the blood would be more rusty in color or BLACK.

If he's in the hospital he's in the right place...try not to worry.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

Most Active
Recent Topics