Holy Hormones Batman!!!

shellbell75
on 7/27/11 1:14 pm
So, I have felt like million bucks since surgery. (will be 5 weeks on Friday) So TOM is here and lets just say that I am BEYOND my psycho self. I locked myself in my bedroom @ 6:45 tonight so I wouldn't say something I regretted. I have been so short with my 4 y/o son (we are starting behavioral therapy for possible ADHD, so I know most of his behaviors are impulsive) and then I feel like crud for being so short. Oh, and my poor dh! Ugh, he just walks in the door and I want to lay into him. My meds were very stable before surgery. All extended release were switched to regular. I am NOT depressed. I am just raging. I was short before TOM but nothing like this. I have an appt with my psych on Aug 23rd. UGH, it just seems so far away. I am already on a litany of meds. Is there anything I can do to control the rage? My kids NEED me. My 2 y/o twins are developmentally delayed and now this possible ADHD diagnosis with my 4 y/o. I refuse to medicate him until extensive behavioral therapy is complete. They need their calm and loving mom back. HELP!
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

princessfrogee
on 7/27/11 1:35 pm - AL
I am having similar issues dealing with my disabled SIL that lives with us.  She is going through a manic phase and not sleeping all night (3-4 hrs a night) and then wants to get up in the night and pummel the microwave buttons, opening/closing the fridge/cabinet doors, arguing with every little thing and denying she says/does things, etc.  I have decided to try to start exercising this week...well I was, but have been SO TIRED.   But I am thinking if I can exercise I can burn off some of my rage!  Maybe that will help you some?  SOMETHING has to give!!  My husband is overseas so I am having to do kids and SIL and take up slack with both his mother and mine as they need things.  UGH!  I don't have any meds for anything, but I told her Dr that if we can't find SOMETHING to make her sleep, I may be her next patient!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
poet_kelly
on 7/27/11 2:14 pm - OH
Are you exercising?  That might help keep your moods more even and give you a way to work out some of the rage.

Do you keep a journal?  Writing might help.  You could try making a list of everything you're angry about right before hubby comes home instead of dumping all on him the minute he comes in the door.

Take some time to yourself if you can and do things that you normally find relaxing.  Long hot bubble baths do the trick for me.  But take a walk, listen to music, read a book, whatever.

Honestly, with two developmentally delayed two year olds and a four year old with ADHD, you really have your hands full.  I think anyone would be struggling.  So try being extra nice to yourself.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DebsGiz
on 7/27/11 8:59 pm - FL

Hi again Shellbell!

I think you're already doing the best think you can do, and that is walking away and isolating yourself until you're ready to deal.

Is it possible for you to call your psych and explain that you really need to be seen asap?

As far as controlling the rage at this point, I would encourage you to take four really deep breaths, breathe them deep into your stomach,  and let them out ever so slowly as this will help.  Also, as difficult as it is to imagine this, keep in mind that you can actually choose to rage or not...

When you feel it coming on, you can either give in to it or choose not to.  It's your choice.

of course this never worked for me, I have many headless victims of my rage to prove it, but was great info I got from my shrink.  LoL

Hope things get better for you soon!!! 
mahogany357
on 7/28/11 1:37 pm - KISSIMMEE, FL
 Hello ... I must say that since i've had RNY ...  I also experience a little emotional roller coaster fits. But this is all do too our chemical warfare and food and water stir crazy as we are use to doing things and consuming what use to be normal amounts for us.. it's like our bodies are saying, 'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO ME".. THROWING A 2 YEAR OLD TEMPER TANTRUM. I'm 3 weeks out of surgery and I've already cried about a whole bunch of stuff and i don't take antidepressants... it's our hormones and body adjusting to a whole new world. Just take a deep breath and say a silent prayer and constantly apologize and explain to your family the changes that you feel are sometimes unexplainable but you ultimately mean no harm. 

Stay strong.. .Shar  :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views