Need you, pls Help

pattijaki
on 7/31/11 3:57 am - kissiimmee , FL
HELLO, I AM VERY CONFUSED , I DONT
  NOT  WHAT TO DO. iF  Gastric banding,
  THE SLEEVE OR RNY,,
ALL I find it  IS interesting BUT. IM  CONFUSE ,. PLEASE ALSO I NEED  ADVICE..

MY CURRENT WEIGHT 245,. I'VE NEVER BEEN IN OVERWEIGHT,,,I GAIN 80 POUNDS AFTER MY 2 BABIES,.WITH MY PREGNANCY,  ""3 years ago

"I'M
TRYING MANY DIETS,. AND DIETS AND NOTHING HAPPEN,. I CANT CONTROL MY SELF EATING CARBS,. PLSSS I NEED HELP,.  tHANK YOU VERY MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU .
tHANK U VERY MUCH, pATTY
Patty :)  
Koko10
on 7/31/11 4:01 am - NC
Sorry but advice would be to talk it over with your surgeon. They can help you figure out what is best for you. I was confused as well and they helped me a lot.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

maggiet
on 7/31/11 4:09 am - Durham, NC
Patty,
I'd suggest you read over the many posts on the RNY forum as well as the DS and Lap band forums. That will give you some ideas. I was helped by the book Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies and I did a lot of searching on the web. Check out http://www.asmbs.org/ and other support sites. And do go to either a doctor or an intro class for folks thinking of bariatric surgery.

If you are going to make such an important life change you should get all the facts and that means digging, through OH and the web and anything esle you can get your hands on.

Good luck on this difficult decision.
Maggie

Lindylou1
on 7/31/11 4:30 am - CA
Sorry, No one can make this decision for you. Your Dr's advice is needed and All the information you can find to help you make a decision. Read- Read -Read..... Don't let someone make this choice for you. This is your body and your life. You need to make a healthy decision for you. What is best for your lifestyle and your health.  Good luck.

Lisa R.
on 7/31/11 4:30 am - CA
From what you wrote I understand that you have only been overweight for 3 years due to pregnancy.  You have tried diet and it doesn't work for you because you love carbs so much.  

I might be wrong but it sounds like you may be mislead by WLS and it being an easy way out.  It is NOT the easy way out contrary to popular belief by those who have never had it done.  The easy way would be to find a good diet that works for you and going to the gym, this way if there is a night when you want to eat cake you can, or you want to have bread with butter  you can.  After WLS if you eat cake you can dump at worst, but at best you are going to feel horrible.  Bread will make your stomach hurt, and some people might say "oh thats great, then I won't want to eat it" but NO you DO want to eat it and you have to sit and watch everyone else enjoy it while you know you can't.

WLS is a huge, life altering decision that takes MANY years for people to make.  You might want to talk to your doctor and see about tests for thyroid or weight management systems that could work for you that do not include surgery.  Surgery should be the very last thing you do and only after you have exhausted EVERY other option.  

Whatever you choose, good luck, and just believe that if you want this weight gone it will go if you really believe in your heart that you can do it. 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
pattijaki
on 8/3/11 10:29 am - kissiimmee , FL
Thanks for your advice I really appreciate it.
the truth is that before I got married (5 years fall behind) my life was different( was wking.thin and happy ) lol

now is to clean the house, stop working, caring for children and dog. and a husband
he never listens to me.
hes always tired and busy ""    All
these changes resulted in anxiety
and low self-esteem,..

is difficult when you've always been thin and
quickly you gain weight (80 pounds in 2 years and two pregnancies)
it's been 3 years]
I can not  lose weight
I need more exercise and eat healthy.
I'll start going psychological counselor for anxiety
and decide the best option for my body and my mind \
Thank you for listening and understanding
God bless you.
///// gracias@!!!!!!..........i think u  said 100 % ,, true ,, i needd 2 do that ,,,,,,:) 
FleurDeLis
on 7/31/11 4:38 am
I'm willing to give advice.
You are addicted to carbs. You need to get detoxed first. Search for that subject here on OH. It shows up a lot of times.
No surgeon in his/her right mind would operate on you now because you would just gain the weight back. It could even be dangerous.
WLS is the hardest way out, not the easiest.
Go to a seminar. You need to get information. One thing good Bariatric programs all have is a registered/licensed dietician. Actually, all hospitals have them. This is the person who will be put in charge of guiding you to normalize your eating even if you do not have surgery. That and regular exercise may be all you need. My surgeon's practice offers both medical and surgical weight loss programs.
We all understand how desperate you are at this point.
AliSarah
on 7/31/11 7:41 am
In the span of a lifetime, 3 years is a long time but also a relatively short one...

I have to agree with FleurDeLis that you should detox from the carbs. Give up bread, rice, and pasta... See what happens. If your body is like mine at all, you will see a significant difference in your weight and in how you feel overall. It might give you the hope you need to lose the weight and keep going without the carbs...

Huggles!!
~Sarah~
 HW 316/ SW 264/ CW 187/ GW 158  
pattijaki
on 8/3/11 10:26 am - kissiimmee , FL
On July 31, 2011 at 10:57 AM Pacific Time, pattijaki wrote:
HELLO, I AM VERY CONFUSED , I DONT
  NOT  WHAT TO DO. iF  Gastric banding,
  THE SLEEVE OR RNY,,
ALL I find it  IS interesting BUT. IM  CONFUSE ,. PLEASE ALSO I NEED  ADVICE..

MY CURRENT WEIGHT 245,. I'VE NEVER BEEN IN OVERWEIGHT,,,I GAIN 80 POUNDS AFTER MY 2 BABIES,.WITH MY PREGNANCY,  ""3 years ago

"I'M
TRYING MANY DIETS,. AND DIETS AND NOTHING HAPPEN,. I CANT CONTROL MY SELF EATING CARBS,. PLSSS I NEED HELP,.  tHANK YOU VERY MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU .
tHANK U VERY MUCH, pATTY
Thanks for your advice I really appreciate it.
the truth is that before I got married (5 years a go ) my life was different ( working,happy and thin) lol.

now is to clean the house, stop working, caring for children and dog. and a husband
whom ,he never listens to me.     ( very sad this relationship )   (always tired  n busy )
All these changes resulted in anxiety
and low self-esteem, Is difficult when you've always been thin and
quickly you gain weight (80 pounds in 2 years and two pregnancies)
it's been 3 years]   I can not   lose weight.... ( only 20 pounds and back )
I need more exercise and eat healthy. ( yes i know that )) and i never tried :(

I'll start going psychological counselor for anxiety, and motiation,. :)   
and decide the best option for my body and my mind \
Thank you for listening and understanding
God bless you.

I really apreciate all yours advice and counseling :) thnakkssssssssssssssss

Most Active
Recent Topics