Reasesing Goal and Exercise advice

ephraimmeir77
on 7/31/11 5:14 am - CA
I am only 5 foot 5 and set my goal at 150. Now that  I am within 10 pounds I am sure that I can get down to at least 140. I am losing about 10-12 pounds a month (or 2-3 pounds a week.). I am exercising for about 40 to 75 minutes a day using the treadmill with weight simultaneously. Just this past week I have incorporated two new lifts with the weights. I have the treadmill at home so it is convenient and free and I watch my Yankees as I work out. My only concern is people tell me that i should be switching up my workout. Being that I only have the treadmill and weights I feel that I am maxi mixing my workout in this way. Also the last twenty pounds seem to be in the tummy. Any recommendations for a lift or exercise to try to firm that area up.
Ephraim Osgood

Price S.
on 7/31/11 6:31 am - Mills River, NC
Good for you.  I changed my goal several time and still aren't sure where I will end up. 

I think your exercise sounds good too.  Just keep adding new weight routines and you should be fine.  You can add some yoga or core stuff to help with the tummy.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Michelle E.
on 7/31/11 7:58 am
I think your routine is fine.. I mainly do running/walking and weights too. I have done the bike, dance classes, yoga, boxing and swim. Honestly, my last 10 are stubborn belly fat too. The only thing I would advise is to work in a rest day. ( But if your only walking then you probably dont need one). There is an exercise forum here too to help with suggestions.

I'm 5'11  I set my re-set my goal to 165. The last 10 are the toughest. I vary my walk/runs..every week I get faster and my runs get longer.. I had a little set back with my anemia and had to lay off the running per my dr's recommendations. So, now I am rebuilding my running slowly as I try to shake this anemia.

There's a running program called Couch to 5k you can try. I did it. It helped challenge me. I do weight training but only 2xs a week. 1 day is heavy weight lifting and other is light with lots of reps.

Good luck!
Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views