Ohh, Loraaaaa.

shellbell75
on 8/7/11 7:38 am

Hi, I have a question for you. Since you seem to be the one who knows all about blood clots and PE's and such.

I spoke to my surgeon about continuing my aspirin therapy b/c of my history of PE. He said to restart it after I finished the Lovonex shots. So DH ran out to get some 81 mg today. He brought back the enteric coating. Are we able to use that?

Thanks in Advance
Shelly
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

qnmimi
on 8/7/11 7:50 am - Cottage Grove, MN
I'm not Lora, but I was OK'd to use the 81mg, but my dose is prophylaxis for family & personal history of heart diasease & stroke. Are you also on a PPI such as prilosec? If not, double check the dose of aspirin you need at the same time you ask for a script. Aspirin will increase risk of ulcers in your pouch.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/7/11 8:37 am - OH
Although I have been on blood thinners for 30 years (literally... I was 17 when I started) and cannot take aspirin, and therefore know only a little about it, I do know the answer to your question, LOL!

The enteric coated aspirin are fine.  Enteric coatings are designed to resist dissolving in the acidic environment of the stomach but to break down in the less acidic (more alkaline) environment of the small intestine.  So, in this case, not having a stomach doesn't make any difference.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views