Anyone ever dump from Amoxicillin suspension?

shellbell75
on 8/9/11 10:44 am
I went to my PCP today b/c I haven't been feeling well. He prescribed Amoxocillin suspension. When I took it, it tasted VERY sweet to me? So I'm wondering if anyone has dumped off of it. I tried to google the sugar content and even called my pharmacist. Both came up empty handed.
Thanks,
Shelly
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

poet_kelly
on 8/9/11 10:46 am - OH
Why did your PCP prescribe it as a liquid rather than tablets you swallow?  Lots of liquid meds are high in sugar.  But I take it you didn't dump from it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

shellbell75
on 8/9/11 10:52 am
I guess he thought I wasn't a big girl yet to be able to swallow pills. I really don't know and I felt like crud so I didnt argue with him.

I took it about an hour ago. All I feel is a little clamy and my belly has been rumbling. No cramps or anything like that. Ok I do feel a tiny bit light headed, but that could just be from being sick. IDK. Thats about it. I guess I'm in the clear??

poet_kelly
on 8/9/11 10:56 am - OH
Probably so.

You know, it's OK to ask your doc why he's prescribing something and that shouldn't be construed as an argument.  If asking a simple question would lead to an argument, you might need to think about your relationship with your doctor.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

shellbell75
on 8/9/11 11:02 am
Oh, ususally I have no problem asking but like I said I just feel really yucky.

Sharyn S.
on 8/9/11 1:04 pm - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with

Suspension = sugar

And that clammy, light headed, rumbly feeling???  That's dumping.

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 278 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?