So Frustrated

CoachArch
on 8/17/11 9:41 am - NM
I'm about 6 weeks post op and have only lost 34 pounds. I thought I had lost more, but the scale i was weighing on wasnt calibrated quite right. After weighing in on a scale that is certified it showed me i had only lost 34 pounds. I am not excercising as much as I should so I know thats a problem, but I'm stuck at 414. I have been here for two weeks now and am getting nervous. I am eating good and maintaing the portions I need, but the scale just isnt moving. Someone please let me know if this is normal. I'm starting to get worried I am going to be 400+ forever. I've lost a total of 93 pounds since I started my journey in March. I lost 59 pre-op and now the 34 post-op. I'm happy with the weightloss, but would love to be around 250ish by next August. Is this possible?
YankeeRose
on 8/17/11 9:49 am - Meadville, PA
It sounds to me like you are doing great! You are only 6 weeks out and have already lost 34 lbs! That is awesome. I am 8 weeks out and have only lost 36 lbs. Plus I have heard that if you lose a lot pre-op your post-op weight will be a little slower. You lost 59 lbs pre-op so that is a lot and 93 lbs in 5 months is terrific! I was alos told that when you lose a lot pre-op part of what you lose is water weight so now you are losing FAT! People who don't lose much pre-op have to lose their water weight first so that is why they seem to lose faster. Plus you are probably losing inches too. I wouldn't worry about it, I think you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

boneswag
on 8/17/11 9:53 am
COACH!!  You are doing GREAT!  do you know anyone who has ever lost  34 pounds in 6 weeks? 

I think everyone at some point thinks " oh this isn't going to work for me.  I will be the one who just can't lose what I need/want to."  Rest assured you are not that person.

If you;
Measure your food
Drink enough liquids
Have enough protein
Walk, Walk, Walk
You will Lose, Lose, Lose!

I started at 282 and at one year I had lost over 120.  I think 250 is achievable for you in a year. 

You will stall every once in awhile for weeks at a time.  Just stick to your plan.  Make sure your getting enough calories, but not too many each day. (If you get too few you will not lose)

Smile!  You can do this.  Your doing fine!

ToBeAble
on 8/17/11 10:43 am
I second what boneswag said!

Congratulations on your success so far. I know it's hard, but keep doing what you're supposed to and the weight WILL come off over time. And don't forget to notice the little (or not-so-little) things in your daily life that are getting better and easier. Perhaps climbing a flight of stairs, getting up out of a chair, etc. Those "Non Scale Victories" are important to celebrate, especially at times when the numbers on the scale are moving slower than we'd like.

Keep up the great work!

Laura

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

SweetLilyAnn
on 8/17/11 9:57 am - TX
I am just ahead of you and a newbie too but.... You lost lots of weight prior to surgery. Your body is ahead of the game and it is just trying figuring things out as to what has happened to it. I am at almost 8 weeks and lost have lost 45 but I did not have a great weight loss prior to surgery. During the first 6 weeks, I had a big stall....but I starting dropping again. Just got to keep the faith....you are doing GREAT!!

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Zeigled
on 8/17/11 11:21 am - Parkton, MD
Hey - I also heard folks have 'plateaus' every once in a while.  Keep doing what your doing and it will start losing again.
HW 357 SW 341   

JodiLee1
on 8/17/11 11:35 am
You are in a stall.  You're going to stall all the time.  Keep up the protein (60-80gm)/day with protein shakes, yogurt, or protein bars as soon as you can start eating them.  Drink water.  Take your vitamins.  Most importantly exercise!  If nothing else walk!   I joined a gym while getting ready for surgery and walked a lot outside too.  I lifted weights to keep everything toned. People who exercise do a lot better and look healthier.  Nothing worse than losing a bunch of weight and looking like a skeleton with skin!  I still had plastics recently but the exercise really helped!  One of my friends who is also a guy weighed over 400lbs.  He's down in the lower 200's.  He's almost 2 yrs out and needs to lost another 20lbs to get to his goal of 210.  He's having plastics at goal.  I hear ya though it seems like forever to get to surgery.  Then you want the weight to be off as fast as possible.  The weight loss will slow down now.  Keep your eye on the prize.  Don't give up.  Use an online site such as Fitclick.com to track your food, exercise and weight. 
You'll get there!

wynter57
on 8/17/11 4:17 pm - Panama City, FL
Coach, last year I was on a strict diet and exercise program trying to lose weight before deciding to go ahead with this revision to RNY. It took me EIGHT MONTHS to lose 34 pounds so you are doing AWESOME!!!

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

fatoldbat
on 8/17/11 9:50 pm
you're doing great!  i read a post onetime that said every so often our bodies just shut down the weight loss to try to "regroup" and figure out what's going on!  as long as you eat, drink and move according to your plan....the weight has to come off!  don't get discouraged....just do what you're supposed to do and enjoy the ride!

best wishes to you!!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?