week out

sontim77
on 8/24/11 10:28 am
a week out level 3 is sunflower seeds ok
Kim H.
on 8/24/11 11:21 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
According to my doctor and nutritionist the answer would be no. I'm not allowed to add nuts until 8 weeks. Also, I think it's sort of hard to chew every bit of seed in your mouth and might lead to problems while you're still healing. I would call your doc/nut and see what they say. However, I did just check the diet guidelines for The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and they say to "delay" nuts. (sorry I cut and past that and can't get rid of the bold type). Hope that helps.

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
poet_kelly
on 8/24/11 1:15 pm - OH
What does your doc's plan say?

At one week out, my plan said to eat pureed foods.  I'm guessing it would be kinda hard to puree sunflower seeds.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 220 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?