The one thing RNY has NOT helped (kinda girlie boys...might be TMI for you) ;-)

Lindsey82
on 9/4/11 4:54 am
Ok ladies,

I thought losing weight was supposed to help with our periods! Can I just say that I am DYING?! I have lost over 130 pounds, but my periods are still just as bad as ever...although I must admit, they are regular now. What do you take that works the best? Tylonal does NOTHING for me, and I know we are not supposed to take NSAIDS. Do you think it is ok to take Ibuprofen just for 2 days to help with cramps? Thanks in advance friends!

~Linds

Laura in Texas
on 9/4/11 4:57 am
Mine was horrible for well over a year post-op, but now 3 years later, things are almost back to how they were for me pre-op. Not sure about the ibuprofin. I wouldn't risk it. Have you tried a heating pad? Maybe one of those miocrowavable ones?

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

nfarris79
on 9/4/11 5:04 am - Germantown, MD
 Curling up with a heating pad and praying to God. That's all I can do. I almost miss how my periods were preop- almost non-existant! Now they're back with a vengance AND spotting occasionally. Ugh. Anyone want an unused uterus, complete with ovaries???

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

AnneGG
on 9/4/11 5:06 am
One good thing about being older- I don't have to hassle with TOM. I used to get wicked cramps.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

curvaceousdiva
on 9/4/11 5:19 am - Hyattsville, MD
my daughter has to resort to vicodin.. she mentioned hers are worse now and tramadol does NOTHING for her.

but preop she swore by advil.. which she knows she cant take anymore
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Kat Kat
on 9/4/11 5:33 am - AZ
I'd love t have a set of ovaries and an unused uterus because mine are long gone and menopause sucks. I do remember how bad my TOM was, but once I started on birth control pills life was a lot easier for me. Maybe they might help you too? 

Samantha L.
on 9/4/11 5:36 am - Petaluma, CA
My periods were bad before surgery, but now they are WICKED!  I filled a new really long tube sock with uncooked rice (and some cloves for a yummy smell).. I microwave it for a minute or so and it makes a great heating pad.  (You can also use it during cold season with some eucalyptus leaves to help you when you're stuffed up).  I curl up with that and sometimes I take Tylonal. 

My period is now late.  Really late.  I had all of the usual symptoms about 3 weeks ago, and I am crabby as heck, but... still no period.  (I had my tubes tied 16 years ago, so I am not concerned about pregnancy).  If you can find a cure for the crabbiness, I'd sure like to hear it!  LOL

Good luck.

sunnycapecod143
on 9/4/11 6:09 am
I found a mydol (spelling?) made with acidaminaphin. works great

Kelly S.
on 9/4/11 6:18 am - MA
 My symptoms aren't bad, but the difference I'm finding since pre-op is that instead of a 4-5 day period, I go for oh, 10, 12, 15 days.  It's TORTURE.  And there's no rhyme or reason to when it comes either.  It's always a special surprise.  

Tenaciousc1974
on 9/4/11 6:59 am - CA
When I went through my pre op classes, they told us your periods get heavier after you lose weight. I think it has something to do with having less estrogen in our systems, but I am not sure.
Chris

start/pre-op/current/goal weights:  286/240/138/130

Most Active
Recent Topics