OT: I'm doing a tiny favor for my wife today

sjbob
on 9/17/11 2:59 am - Willingboro, NJ
 I sometimes do something and then say it was the "least I could do."  And then my wife cheerily replies that she knows that, if there were something else that would be the least, then that's what I would do

Anyway, it's a Saturday meaning college football games and NASCAR.  I'm TiVoing the NASCAR, but I Volunteered to take my wife to a country craft fair this afternoon.  I started to hedge on my offer and she said she wouldn't go alone.  Besides, even if I gave her directions, I'm not sure that she'd find it.  We have several farms in my area and they all start having special events on weekends in the fall.   They aren't all on main roads.  I'm going to TiBo the football game I'm watching before we leave--I can TiVo 2 shows at once.

I know, once I write it down, it doesn't sound like much of a favor.  Hey, we'll be married for 37 years next month.  I think she knows what she can expect from me by now.
Debra P.
on 9/17/11 3:48 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Way to sacrifice for the love of your life...     GOOD MAN !!!

Susan_U
on 9/17/11 4:03 am - Ontario, CA
I think postponing (& TiVo or DVR *is* postponing) something you really want to do so that you can bring pleasure to someone else is definitely doing a favor. And in the end it brings pleasure to you, too. Way to go!
Ladytazz
on 9/17/11 4:23 am
Your wife will probably hate me for suggesting this but buy her a GPS.  I don't know how I lived without one.  I am directionally challenged and this gets me anywhere I need to go.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Blondie76
on 9/17/11 4:23 am - AL
I think that's a HUGE favor....there's not much around this house we miss football for....college or pro...until hunting season then all bets are off. Lucky for my husband those are my rules! He never watched football before me.
AnneGG
on 9/17/11 5:06 am
No wonder you have been married 37 years! Bless your soul!

My husband is the same with me, and I'll walk through fire for him.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

sjbob
on 9/17/11 9:27 am - Willingboro, NJ
 regarding most of your posts, I ended up skipping the NASCAR Nationwide race and was able to see the end of the game I had been watching.  I told my wife about my post and she said she hadn't asked me to give up anything today.  I told her I knew that but that I wanted to do this for her.

One thing most of you don't know is that I'm seeming helpless at times.  I have to walk with a rollator ( a walker on wheels with a seat ).  I have difficulty getting around.  The last couple years she even had to start cutting the lawn--yuck!  This year we got a cheap lawn service.  Tat's the biggest physical problem--I think I have 6 chronic conditions.  But my biggest problem is that I'm manic-depressive.  My condition is bad enough so that I have been getting a Federal Civil Service disability since Aug 1992 based on my mental disability.  I'm unable to even be a cutomer rep.  After all this time it's still sometimes hard to accept my condition because I am intellegent but I can't follow many simple directions without getting frustrated.

As to getting a GPS, I've personally always loved maps.  But, my wife can get herself one or drop a major hint if she wants one.  It feels weird when I think of things I'd like to buy because we now have to watch our budget like many other people.  My wife was on unemployment from Jan 2009 through Dec 2010.  In Jan of this year she got an office job as an independent contractor, i.e., no benefits.  After a recent raise, she's now almost getting as much as she was getting on unemployment.  And, this is not anywhere near what she was earning before.  She's 58 and a damn good college educated worked.  But that mean nothing in this economy.

Sorry about that last paragraph.  We are lucky that our house is paid off and our only major dept is credit card debt that we are paying down.  Bob
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 206 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 300 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics