Sensitive pouch after 8 months

BabeeCakes
on 9/25/11 3:14 am - Killeen, TX
Has anyone experienced pouch sensitivity 8 months post op? I have never experienced dumping until now. I am eating all of the same foods that I have always eaten and now all of the sudden I can no longer tolerate them. I've had to go back on protein shakes and soft proteins to make sure I get in enough protein.
ohioh
on 9/25/11 4:14 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
Funny that you posted this because I am 10 months out and I am suddenly more sensitive than I was before. However, I did have my gallbladder out, so maybe that is why.  I had never dumped before and I have done that a couple of times.  I have been able to eat peanuts and peanut butter all along and recently I have been extremely gassy...and I think the peanuts might be one of the culprits.  Carbs may be an issue too and I am eating some of those now that I am further out.  Sugar may also be causing some of the gassiness.  I don't eat alot of it..I'm really careful what I eat, but it looks like I may really need to stick to the basics.  The problem is that I don't want to lose more weight at this point so it"s hard not to increase other foods.  Protein shakes don't cause me any gas or dumping....
What kinds of things cause you problems?

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
missjann
on 9/25/11 4:53 pm

Yep...and some days I don't do well with foods at all. I just roll with it.
If the pouch is happy, I'm happy. I'm more lactose intolerant than I was
to start with and soy too frequently gives me issues now. I think I will
always be a mushy food person. My solid food, other than my home-made
soups and stews and chili is an occasional tostada shell with ff refried beans
and cheese.  Still worth it though.

Jan

curvaceousdiva
on 9/25/11 5:40 pm - Hyattsville, MD
ive had a sensitive pouch since day one BUT nowadays at 16 months out there are days when it's really bad...
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 67 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 259 views