Done Losing???

cheermonkeysmom
on 10/2/11 6:54 am - Smithsburg, MD
So my hubby and I went to see our surgeon on Friday for our 6 month check up, ok so we are a little late and she is very busy so limited scheduling. Anyway, she was very impressed and pleased with our losses to date. My husband has lost 136 lbs since 1/12/11 and I have lost about 93 lbs since 2/15/11. We are very pleased with out progress so far. Anyway, she told us that we were probably done losing at this point because of how much we have lost and not to really expect anything more to come off. Now don't get me wrong, we are both very happy to be where we are, but I really was hoping to lose my 3 lbs I need to get to my goal and then a few more to allow for any "bounce back" and my hubby was hoping to get down to about 200 lbs to allow for a few pounds of "bounce back" as well. He still has about 20lbs to get there, I am thinking more lbs for me. I know our weight loss has really slowed down the last few weeks, been bouncing a few lbs for the last several weeks, but figured we were at a stall and maybe actually need to increase our calorie intake. But I was a little upset to think that we might be done ALREADY. Everything that I have read here and in our books say weight loss continues until about 18 months. What is your opinion, can we really be done losing? I love where I am but was really hoping that where I am now is where I would be once my bounce back hits. Any advice or support that you may have would be great.
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

vervetoloose
on 10/2/11 7:05 am
Are you legitamately worried about losing 3 lbs? omg I can hardley believe this post is for real.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

mrslatch
on 10/2/11 7:25 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I'm sorry but this response is completley rude and uncalled for. She was just asking for information. She also mentioned her husband needing to lose 20 more, and was asking in reguards to him as well. And so what if she was worried about 3lbs? I have about 6 to go until go, and I'm focused on getting there as well.

To the OP- You can still easily continue to lose after 6 months! If you are that close to goal though, it will just be slower. Keep up the good work!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

cajungirl
on 10/2/11 9:15 am
Really and your response was necessary why?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

cheermonkeysmom
on 10/2/11 9:23 am - Smithsburg, MD

No I am NOT really worried about my last 3 lbs. I was hoping to lose about 10 so I had a cushion when I hit the point that I have my bounce back. I am with a normal range so NO if I DON'T lose my other 3 lbs, I really wouldn't really worry about. However I am a little concerned that my hubby will not be able to get off the last little bit he needs to lose. We are MUCH better off than where we started and maybe we are done. I was only asking those that have been here at this point and maybe could offer some advise. I AM SO SORRY my post really bothered you. I thought this board was to support each other, not make someone feel awful because they are reaching out for advice and some support.

Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Samantha L.
on 10/2/11 10:47 am, edited 10/2/11 10:47 am - Petaluma, CA
Verve: This forum is very supportive.  Your comment isn't, therefore, it really has no place here. 

Kthanx.

TamaraL
on 10/2/11 7:07 am
I so don't think that is true.  I know that many people go thru this at 6 months thinking they are done.  It definetly is slower after 6 months but I still have lost after 6 months.  As long as you follow the dietary guidelines you can lose up to 18 months.

Tamara

Ladytazz
on 10/2/11 7:20 am
I've lost 46lbs since I was 6 months out.  You still have time in your window.  It may be slower and you may have to make some changes but I don't think you are done yet.  However, if you are comfortable with the way you are eating and your level of activity then you may well be at a good weight where you are at.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Judy M.
on 10/2/11 7:26 am
what fantastic weight loss in just 6 months. I hope I am that successful..I do know from being normal weight most of my life that the last few pounds come of the slowest. The less fat is on your body the slower it releases from your muscle mass. A suggestion for you could be to weight train and think of your body weight as lean weight vs. fat weight and aim to lower your fat to muscle ration rather than the numbers on the scale.  This is in my play book for success. I just can't wait until I get enough weight off to be able to move again at all. It practically kills me to walk two miles at this weight and getting up  from chairs hurts my knees.  I have to write this stuff down so when I have those delicacies restored to me I don't lose sight of what is important to me now...that is to lower body fat to 20% no matter what the scale says in return:)

cajungirl
on 10/2/11 9:12 am
More than likely neither of you are done losing, although it will come off slower now.

Kudos to both of you doing so well.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 383 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?