Done Losing???

Teach1
on 10/2/11 9:22 am
I am 11 months out and still losing. It's slower and I definitely  work out more but it's still happening. Hang in there!
cheermonkeysmom
on 10/2/11 9:29 am - Smithsburg, MD
Thank you to those who have offered your supportive comments. I know that things will slow down at some point, so I guess this is my time. I guess I was more surprised that my doctor didn't think that we would lose anymore weight though since we are fairly early out. But hey, I went from a size 18 beginning to be tight, to wearing on average a size 4. I am in a healthy BMI range and I no longer take BP meds and I no longer have gastroparesis. So this was a success for me. My hubby feels much better too and would like to be a little lower on the scale, but has said if this is where he stops, he is happy. I do see others comments where they are further out and have lost some more weight, so hopefully even though the weight loss might slow down or even stop some times, the scale will continue to move downward for a few more months.
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Cherylkas
on 10/2/11 9:30 am - PA
 Your what 8 months out if your surgery was in Feb. I would say no your not done. It will probably be slower but you will still lose some. 

Greta job to you and hubby by the way!
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

nfarris79
on 10/2/11 9:41 am - Germantown, MD
 First, what you've both lost is A-MAZ-ING and I'm so glad to hear you happy about how well you've both done so far. Second, ignore the haters. Don't give away your sunshine; they haven't paid you for it! Third, I wouldn't think you're done losing. So it may taper off, it may take alot more effort, but you can do anything you set your mind to.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

poet_kelly
on 10/2/11 10:19 am - OH
You may not have any "bounce back."

Weight loss continues until you being taking in as many calories as you burn.  For many people, that happens about a year to 18 months out.  Some stop losing sooner, some lose longer.  So yeah, you could be done losing, but you might not be.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Samantha L.
on 10/2/11 10:44 am - Petaluma, CA
  I hit a LONG stall at 8 months out.. I thought I was done at 174.  Then, a few months later I started dropping again and now I seem to be holding at 144 - 147.  I am 15 months out.  

Congrats on your progress!!!  Good luck with those last few pounds!  I know they can be the most frustrating. 

erqueenie
on 10/3/11 1:04 am - Liberty, MO
Do you know how you got past your stall? I seem to be playing the lose 2, gain 1 game. I exercise (zumba, treadmill and eliptical) keep my calories at @ 1200 and most always get 70-110 gms of protein. I'm 15 months out and would like to lose @ 15 more #'s. It's very frustrating. Some days I burn 500 calories. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      a href="http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/erqueenie/"> src="http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/898575/tickers/erqueenief8593f1d4e464b0e3eb8b5a186ea87e2.png">> R                                                                 
Most Active
Recent Topics