post-op day 4 ,,,feeling a little blue

aesposito
on 10/28/11 8:23 am
 Had my surgery Monday, home Wednesday, yesterday wasn't so bad. But today feeling a little down, more sore, more annoyed by stuff that shouldn't be a big deal.

Not zure why, but I know having to sit around more has something to do with it. Walks help but I am so tired afterwards. Getting most of my liquids, puree and vitamins daily, not all yet but more every day.

Just wanted to share with people who understand.

Audret

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

nekedavi
on 10/28/11 8:44 am
Hi Audret!

Hope you get to feeling better soon.  I know where you're coming from and how you're feeling.  I went through the same thing and found out that the moodiness could be the anesthesia wearing off, the pain meds, hormones or a combination of them all. 

I felt so depressed after the surgery.  It took me about a month or two to pull out of the duldroms.  I remember returning to work and 1 co-worker told me, "I don't know what you're going thru since you went out on leave but we want the old Neke back!"  It was that I realized how much the surgery, the new exercise and eating plans had affected me.  I began to pray and soon I was dropping the weight and feeling better than I had in years! 

I pray that your blues / moodiness go away soon.   You'll be feeling better in no time.  Continue to take it easy and gets lots of rest, sip water and push protein.

Take Care,

Neke

frank1
on 10/28/11 9:28 am - VA
 Hi Audret, I had mine on 10-10 of this year and felt the same as you for about 5 days. I just tried to stay focused on what i needed to do, On my feet all day I always hated to walk in the evening, but now i'm looking forward to walking. It does help with getting in the fluids and eating. Stick with it we don't have a choice!!! you'll be fine
pagek77
on 10/28/11 6:36 pm
I think that's normal and I felt the same way (I'm 3 weeks post-op)! I think day 4 was when my husband & I got into a huge fight and I almost went to a hotel . I had been doing well recovery-wise and being able to be awake more each day & the day after that fight, I was so spent that I slept almost the entire day & felt like I had taken a few step backwards. So take care of yourself!
kellyl1202
on 10/28/11 10:26 pm
I think it's normal to feel a little down after WLS...I was very moody afterward and just not feeling myself, tired, grumpy, etc. Give it a little time to get things back to normal.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 43 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?