Gaurenteed NO DUMPING sugar-filled recipe!!

bittybabynurse
on 10/30/11 12:46 am, edited 10/30/11 12:48 am - MN

I have a ton of brown sugar laying around the house. I probably bought it last year for holiday baking that I never got around to. But I finally found a recipe that can use it!!

A sugar scrub for the shower! And I don't have to worry about dumping ;)

Mix 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup EVOO or Sweet almond oil and then add a dash of vanilla, citris essential oil or other skin approved fragrance oil (add more sugar if the mix seems too oily). Mix up and put in a fun little jar. Hop in the shower and scrub away! For extra skin conditioning, get some of those Vitamin E capsules, poke a hole in them and sqeeze into the mix.

Be warned - since it has lots of oil, it could get a little slippery in the shower. So don't put it on your feet or if you do, be careful! It exfoliates and softens skin so nicely!! Perfect for winter! I'm going to try to find a manly smell so I can make some for DH, although he will use this stuff too.

Edited to add: You can use any type of sugar or salt for this. I just happened to have a lot of brown sugar laying around. Using regular granulated sugar will give it less of a "sugary" smell.

Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
poet_kelly
on 10/30/11 12:52 am - OH
That sounds yummy.  Citrus is a kind of  manly scent, isn't it?  I don't know if vanilla is manly, though.  But I bet you could play with a bunch of different essential oils for different smells.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

heatherambrosia
on 10/30/11 5:53 am - GA
You got me! Good job... that sounds great though! Going to try it!

SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
TrueNorthFriend
on 10/30/11 7:52 am - Canada
 At first I thought you meant scrub the tub.  I`m always looking for non-poisonous cleaning products.   8)   Did you try scrubbing the tub too...
bittybabynurse
on 10/30/11 1:39 pm - MN
LOL! Google Bare Naked Cleaners. I use a few of them and they're pretty good and you can customize the scent. They come in little packets and you dilute them at home. Also google CJs Sewing Room. She makes an all -purpose cleaner that is wonderful! But no. Didn't scrub the tub - was enjoying scrubbing myself too much!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/30/11 10:14 am - Baltimore, MD
I love sugar scrubs! And if you have a lot, lot of the stuff, you could jar the scrub and give it away in cute jars as gifts too. I plan to do that this Christmas. All my gifts are being made cuz a sista is on a BUDGET!!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 12:53 pm - Front Royal, VA
RNY on 08/29/11 with

Nik,

one year I was broke for xmas, so our office was having a gift exchange with everyone, not just buy one gift for one person, so I made "cookies in jars" layered ingredients and hand crafted recipe cards to go with, it was a HIT, and really not that expensive to make, I loved doing it, and they loved taking them home and making the treats themselves.

hot cocoa in jars is a great idea, and thats easy to make SF.  I can my own hot peppers and make spicy pickled carrots and cauliflower, then decorate the jars and they all make wonderful hand crafted gifts

bittybabynurse
on 10/30/11 1:41 pm - MN
My daughter's 3rd birthday party is on Saturday and I was thinking of going to the dollar store and getting some jars to decorate and fill with the scrub for all the moms. I thought it would be fun to give the other moms party favor too!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 12:50 pm - Front Royal, VA
RNY on 08/29/11 with

I made it, but added some amaretto to the mix since I love the smell.  My skin feels so soft and silky and warm!  and the residual smell is mostly of olive oil which I happen to like, glad I didn't use canola! hehe

I might make some of these up for gifts for my friends, I have tons of Ball Jars (from my canning escapades)

great idea thanks!

Samantha L.
on 10/31/11 12:45 am - Petaluma, CA
 I was at my cousin's house this weekend.  After I took a shower, I told her that I *LOVED* her jar of Dead Sea Salt/Lavender Oil scrub.  She said "Oh.. that's not what's in that jar anymore.  I filled it with a lavendar body wash and sugar."  It was amazing!!  I felt SO SOFT and so smooth afterward, I will TOTALLY be making some of this at home!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 326 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 115 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?