Breakfast Ideas

Stacy4442
on 11/16/11 10:35 am
I am looking for breakfast ideas.  I am so tired of cottage cheese and eggs.  I tried some Grape Nuts this morning and they were so good!  Just a touch of sugar and a little milk and it was perfect.  But the carb coma that set in a half hour later was bad.  I almost fell asleep talking to my son's teacher.

What does everyone else do for breakfast?

poet_kelly
on 11/16/11 10:42 am - OH
I usually do a protein bar or protein shake.  Sometimes Greek yogurt.  I've been known to do other things, too.  You don't have to eat "breakfast foods" for breakfast.  I've been known to eat beans for breakfast.  Lately I've been craving salads a lot and I've eaten salad for breakfast.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

boneswag
on 11/16/11 10:44 am

I eat a piece one of the following usually;
whole grain toast and an activia
sugar free oatmeal and a piece of toast
cocoa wheats 
a 1/4 cup of Grape nuts with equal and a piece of toast.

(I usually share the toast with my dogs)

exohexoh
on 11/16/11 11:27 am - West Chester, PA
 on days i have class i usually do 2 slices of bacon and a piece of toast because its quick (i make the whole thing of bacon and just heat up the slices i'm gonna eat in the microwave). once in a while i'll do a shake or have half a bagel. if it's a day i have off sometimes i'll do bacon and eggs or a waffle. breakfast is usually more carb then protein in the morning, it seems to be more of what i need to wake up.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Price S.
on 11/16/11 11:32 am - Mills River, NC
i have turkey bacon and an egg most mornings.  I also have done a low carb wrap with melted cheese, protein oatmeal, cheese grits, eggbeaters with cheese and spinach, or flax muffin.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lilbear412
on 11/16/11 12:39 pm - MN
 a fried egg, a hard boiled egg, cottage cheese, multigrain crackers and cheese, about 3 times a week i have oatmeal made with milk and a bit of br. sug. splenda and wheat germ, yogurt, meat/cheese..egg bites, protein shake...

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

qnmimi
on 11/16/11 1:50 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I'm with Kelly on this...I eat leftovers from dinners, or premeasured leftovers form the freezer 24hrs a day. I'm not a food purist thank god, but when you have to eat, your body doesn't care what form the protein takes.

JudiJudi T
on 11/16/11 2:16 pm

I eat greek yogurt (vanilla, 9 grams of sugar in the carton) with about 1/8 of a cup of no-sugar added cherry pie filling and 1/4 cup of hemp plus granola.   Kinda high in sugar at the end but I don't dump.  I need the granola to give me something to chew - it's a mental thing with me.  You can sub different fruit or skip it - I like the flavor and I try to get two servings of fruit a day now.  I'm nearly 2 years out though.  

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

christinalee
on 11/17/11 2:22 am - At Home in, NH
I will usually make some kind of breakfast casserole/quiche and eat it during the work week. On the weekends, I enjoy scrambled egg & sausage, or protein pancakes. One of my fav breakfast casseroles is Chili Rellenos casserole.

5 eggs (beaten until lemon yellow colored)
2 cups of cottage cheese
3 tbsp of flour
7 oz can of chopped green chilis
whatever spices you want (chili powder, cumin, etc)
1 cup of shredded cheese (your choice)
1/4 cup of additional shredded cheese

Beat eggs. Add cottage cheese, flour, green chilis, and spices. Mix well (or blend). Mix in 1 cup of shredded cheese. Pour into greased 8 x 8 baking pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Baked 40-50 minutes at 350 until knife inserted comes out clean. Makes 9 servings.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Hillery82211
on 11/17/11 3:09 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
ohhh that sounds GOOD!!!!  I'm so stealing...i mean borrowing this recipe!

Most mornings for breakfast I do a protein shake (hot in the fall/winter and cold in the spring/summer).  I'll also do scrambled eggs with crumpled sausage, cheese a bit of salsa and plain greek yogurt.  I got tired of cottage cheese pretty early out so I don't eat it any more.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 244 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 144 views