Any good vanilla protein drinks?

aesposito
on 12/10/11 5:30 am
This is probably whining, but is there, anywhere!!! a vanilla protein drink that doesn't taste like poo?  At least to me anyway... I have tried everything from generic to Atkins to Unjury and everything in between... and I can't find a vanilla I can stomach without wanting to retch.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I've found the vanillas are more often a) available, and b) on sale than the chocolate (which I like most of but  occasionally get sick of).

Some of the fruity kinds are OK, but I am allergic to strawberries and some other fruit-type things, so I don't go fruity too often.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

wendydettmer
on 12/10/11 5:32 am - Rochester, NY
I think just plain vanilla flavoring in powder has a weird aftertaste - protein or not. You could try adding a shot of vanilla sf syrup?

i tried mixing vanilla powder with the orange sunrise crystal light - tasted exactly like a creamsicle.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

paranoidmother21
on 12/10/11 6:42 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I like both the About Time Birthday Cake (very sweet vanilla, much like a birthday cake), and the Body Fortress vanilla (pretty standard). Of course, I don't drink ANYTHING as it comes out of the canister. Everything has SF syrups/crystal light/spices added to it, which makes a big difference.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

yogybooboo
on 12/10/11 7:41 am - IL
I am still on my pre-op 2 week 700 calorie liquid diet, and don't have the experience that most of you have, but I like the Vanilla Medifast shake.  I mix it with double the amount of water and add ice.  My favorite flavoring to add is red raspberry sugar free syrup. 

Ute
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/10/11 8:56 am - OH
The only vanilla I liked plain (and I am NOT one who was ever willing to spend a bunch of time mixing up a protein shake concoction with 6 diffrerent things added to it) is the Syntrax brand Vanilla Bean Torte.   You can get a sample from www.vitalady.com

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

WoodsonArcher
on 12/10/11 10:08 am - TX
I havent tried it as a shake, but I really like to sprinkle the Body Fortress Vanilla Whey Protein into my cream of Wheat. I add an Equal packet and a little spray butter and it is yummy.
aesposito
on 12/11/11 4:16 am
I am loving all the advice, especially the adding syrup or Crystal Light idea.... thank you so much!

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 235 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics