Vitamin D labs- low?

Lindsey82
on 1/5/12 6:05 am
Just got back my labwork for Vit D, and it was 49. This wasn't flagged as low on my labs, but shouldn't we be higher than that? If so, what should I aim for? The hubby and I are trying to get pregnant, so I am concerned about low/high vit levels of any kind. Thanks!

poet_kelly
on 1/5/12 6:21 am - OH
Yes, below 80 you're at increased risk for osteoporosis, heart disease, some kinds of cancer and other things you don't want.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hopes42morrow
on 1/5/12 10:17 am - OH
RNY on 01/25/12
Mine was 14 @ last check so you got me beat by a long shot and I havent had surgery yet! Been on Vitamin D suppliment for several months and they will retest it during my preop testing on January 16th....
vanBee
on 1/5/12 5:01 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 07/25/12
 oh Kelly you worry me...my labs were 18 :(

I'm now on liquid Vitamin D 6000 mg a day ...
poet_kelly
on 1/5/12 11:13 pm - OH
That's not going to be enough to bring that level up.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 1 replies · 9 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views