Post ops 1 year or greater

cindy31
on 1/12/12 2:31 am - Gwynn Oak, MD
How long did your weight loss last after surgery?
            Highest weight- 325  Day of surgery- 301  Post surgery -306            
jazzycatz
on 1/12/12 2:38 am - Joppa, MD
Do you mean how long has someone 1 or more years out continued to lose weight?  I still seem to be losing just not very much.  I hit a  year in September and I have lost 3lbs since then.  I am not really trying to lose anymore as I am currently 9lbs below my goal and pretty happy here.  When I say my surgeon in Sept he said I might lose another 5-10lbs by April.  Looks like it might be 5. 

Think that will be about it, however.  Then some of that will return I expect. 

Tri_harder
on 1/12/12 2:54 am, edited 1/12/12 2:56 am
For me it is a constant battle. I lost 110 lbs. in 2002 but my diabetes was still out of control so they started me on insulin. In 2006 I gained 30 lbs. back to have a BMI of 35 to qualify for a RNY to cure my diabetes. Although I weigh about my SW now my diabetes is in much better control without medication. I actually battle low blood sugars now. That is a huge NSV. My retinas have improved since my RNY and I will be getting the cataract removed this year. I hopefully won't be blind in my left eye after that...another NSV. I have generally kept off 90 lbs. of the weight I lost in 2002, so do I count that? I measure and weigh all my food and rarely eat junk food. I eat about 2000 calories a day of healthy food and I need to eat 1500 calories to maintain my normal BMI. My battle is in eating too much volume of food rather than what I eat. I continue to fight the battle every day. What I have noticed over the years is that people tend to regain in year 3. Tri
cate81
on 1/12/12 3:14 am
 I am a year this week and I stopped losing weight in sept. I go up a pound or two then lose it. I don't always eat what I am supposed to so I probably could have lost more but I am in the normal bmi range.

poet_kelly
on 1/12/12 3:22 am - OH
18 months.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

boneswag
on 1/12/12 4:57 am
I lost 138 pounds I think in the first 16 to 18 months.  In the last few months I have just gone up and down a couple pounds just lingering at about the same weight.  I had surgery about 20 months ago.

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/12 5:20 am - NJ
If you mean how long can you maintain your weight, that is entirely up to you. 

I will be 3 years out in April and I have maintained my weight within a 5 pound window for the past two years.  I lost over 100 pounds and was a lap-band revision.

If you mean how long do you lose weight, your "honeymoon" period, agreed that it's about 18 months.

Hope that helps. 
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 158 views