smaller pouch

ntine4
on 1/16/12 5:26 am
well after weeks of being sick and feeling like crap I have come to find out that my pouch is a lil smaller then it's suppose to be. So im not really sure when i will be able to eat the correct portions. I still find it very hard to eat any meat for protein so im stuck on just having protein shakes. Which still are hard to get down. Anyone else going through with this? I'm so tired of feeling sick and nauseas when i do try to eat and if i do it's only a spoonful and thats it.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/16/12 6:04 am - OH
You will likely have to eat every few hours for a while in order to get your protein in if you want to eat real food instead of just shakes.  Meats are not usually the first kind of protein after WLS so I have to wonder if you e following the eating plan you wre given.  Usually people start out with purées or very soft foods like yogurt, cottage cheese, retried beans (all of which are high in protein and allow you to eat more than you would of more solid foods because they slide brought your pouch fairly quickly).

WHY is your pouch smaller  than it "supposed" to be?!?  What does your surgeon say about this?  no matter how small your pouch, you should be able to eat more than one spoonful of food after "weeks".  
Sorry, but something here just sounds very "off"...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ntine4
on 1/16/12 6:29 am
well i will be 7 weeks post up tomorrow and i went through all the purtee foods and everything but after and upper gi and c-scan he said that my pouch is smaller then it should be so i do eat every hour and half to two hours but was just wondering if anyone else went through this. Dr does not want to go in and strech it because it will eventually do it on it's own.

yogybooboo
on 1/16/12 7:13 am - IL

Someone mentioned during a previous post the Nectar powdered proteim drinks and I ordered a sample pack from them.  My favorite so far is the iced tea.  I mix about 16 ounces with a scoop to give me 24 g of protein.  It tastes as good as regular ice tea, it's not too sweet, and I keep the cup next to me and keep sipping.  I know that The Vitamin Shoppe stores have it in stock in my area.  It comes in a lot of different flavors.  The other one I really like is Strawberry Mousse (it's strawberry something) that I mix with FF milk.  I was so tired of all the sweet protein drinks that I had before finding these.  I also drink regular FF milk.  This way I have no problem getting enough protein and liquid.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 70 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 296 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views