Could I be done losing??!!

AWyldfire
on 1/16/12 10:34 am - OH
I am 8 months out and down 86 pounds and thrilled to death !!!  I have went from a tight 22W to a 8/10 in jeans and from a 2X-3X top to a medium/large. My health is perfect, with my diabetes in remission, BP is normal, heart is NO longer enlarged and I am running again !!! YAY !!! My question is could I be done losing?! I have passed my Dr's goal for me and I am only 18 pounds from my personal goal.  I have been stuck ot my current weight for over a month now. Is this just a stall or could I be done since I am a "lightweight" ?  I would really like to get to my personal goal so any suggestions would be so appreciated !!!  Also, my labwork is above average and my surgeon is thrilled.  I get between 80 to 100 g protein in daily all my water  and all my vites too !!  Just need some input because though I love my RNY and am so happy with my results I would still like to get to my goal, especially since the bounceback weight is around 10 pounds =)  Thanks again~~~~~Angi~~~~~~

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/16/12 10:40 am - OH
You are probably not completely done losing.   Because you are losing the malabsorption, though, and are so close to your goal weight, it s expected that your weight loss would slow down quite a bit (and stalls can happen anytime).  Also, as with losing weight under ANY cir****tances, the last 20 pounds are often a very slow, frustrating process.  RNY doesn't get you a pass on that, LOL.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 1/16/12 10:48 am - OH
You're probably not done.  It's normal for things to slow down as you get further out, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lisa R.
on 1/16/12 11:55 am - CA
 I too am about 8 months out (may 2, 2011 surgery date) down 86 pounds from surgery and a size 6/8.  I too am in a total stall, in fact I go up and down 4 pounds all month long!  

I find that I only lose weight one week a month now, right before my TOM.  No matter what I do I will not lose until then.  Now I will lose more if I eat well, get moving and do all the right things and lose less if I mess up like in Dec with the holidays!  

I don't think I am done losing, but all my people tell me I should be done, that I am too thin now.  No such thing!  Right

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
AWyldfire
on 1/16/12 12:21 pm - OH
Thanks for the input =)  I too have had people tell me I am too thin !!! I am like whatever !!  I really hope I can lose these last few pounds.  I will up my workouts and maybe my protein.  Either way I am happy with my RNY and most important, HEALTHY for the 1st time in 20 years !!!  My friend just text me and said she wants to work out with me so YAY again, hopefully this will do it !! Good Luck on your journies and Thanks so much !!!  PS My surgery was 5/10/11, were pretty much the same. I can fit into a 6, but it is tight lol. Comgrats !!!
~~~~Angi~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics